Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Midway USA

Problem with Midway USA

A week or so ago I placed an order with them. A few days later I noticed they had hit my Visa card twice for an identical amount. When I contacted them, I was told that I had placed two orders for the same items. I know I didn't but they insist there's no way their system malfunctioned and that I must pay the return shipping. I've already paid shipping twice and they will not even consider there may be a problem on their end.
    Thoughts please?

Basic Member
    Just curious, did you receive two email notices for both "purchases"?

Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post
    Just curious, did you receive two email notices for both "purchases"?
    I didn't receive email notification for either purchase.
    Neither has arrived and if I hadn't been going over my Visa charges, I still wouldn't have known about this.

Basic Member
    I always receive an email from them upon completion of my purchase. It sounds like a glitch if they never sent an email from either one. I am surprised they aren't giving you the benefit of the doubt. MidwayUSA has pretty good customer service. I would ask to move up the ladder and get someone who will help you, if you so wish to pursue it. Heck, tell them you need to talk to Larry about it.

The 1st was placed on 4/16 at 5:50 PM and the 2nd at 6:06 PM, without email notification of either.
    I'm supposed to believe that I placed an order forgot about it, and ordered again 16 minutes later.
    I really appreciate the replies and they may even get a link to this thread.

You can protest one of the charges by calling the CC company, the charge will be reversed until it's cleared up. I always get emails when placing the order and when the package ships as well.

That is very odd. Every order I’ve ever placed with them the send an email confirmation instantly and then another day one “we are getting your package ready”. Sure sounds like a system glitch to me. I’d call again and talk to someone else.

Every order I’ve ever placed with them the send an email confirmation instantly
    Me too.

Midway is usually pretty good - though on my work PC the site is too glitchy and it locks up. Works fine from my two home computers (Dell/Firefox & iMac/Safari). Perhaps it doesn't like your browser, either?

This is all I see on their home page and it locks up:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Midway_Page_1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	7110
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx2rk View Post
    You can protest one of the charges by calling the CC company, the charge will be reversed until it's cleared up. I always get emails when placing the order and when the package ships as well.
    I think this would be the best way to handle it.
    The credit card company will no doubt settle it for you.
    Id also be letting them know that even though the customer isnt always right, he is still always the customer.
    And their attitude toward you isnt something you will soon be forgetting.

I would call them again and try to resolve it before taking it to the CC company. If the initial person you talk to gives you the same run-around, ask to speak to their manager or supervisor. If they still refuse, let them know you will be disputing the second change with your CC.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

The lack of email confirmation is a red flag!

Take a close look at your credit card account to make sure the charges were actually done by Midway.

In either event, the best path is to dispute both charges until you are absolutely sure at least one of them is actually by MidwayUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by JASmith View Post
    The lack of email confirmation is a red flag!

Take a close look at your credit card account to make sure the charges were actually done by Midway.

In either event, the best path is to dispute both charges until you are absolutely sure at least one of them is actually by MidwayUSA.
    Yes. it's Midway, there is a tracking number for each order available in my account on their website and these orders are supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Basic Member
    This is why I love having text alerts on my phone anytime anything is run on my card. I would have been calling the second the 2nd alert popped up and asked what is up.
    Like others, I too always get the confirmation email right away, then another when it ships. In fact I placed a order recently from them too. It took them a week before they shipped because they are so busy. It is supposed to be here tomorrow actually.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    This is why I love having text alerts on my phone anytime anything is run on my card. I would have been calling the second the 2nd alert popped up and asked what is up.
    Like others, I too always get the confirmation email right away, then another when it ships. In fact I placed a order recently from them too. It took them a week before they shipped because they are so busy. It is supposed to be here tomorrow actually.
    Glad you mentioned that. I also have text alerts and failed to get those also.

The guy I had been dealing with said I didn't get those emails because I'm using a "private server". BS, I get confirmation emails all the time.
    Finally got another CS rep and sent them this email:
    I was finally able to speak with technical support with my ISP and was told there is nothing blocked from Midway at all for the entire month of April 2020 or EVER.
    I ask again, If there isn't a glitch in your system, where are the two confirmation emails I was supposed to have gotten? Carson says it because I'm using a private server but I just proved that WRONG! Plus, please find the confirmation email I got just last night over this supposedly private server, from another company.

Am I supposed to believe that I placed an order at 5:50PM, totally forgot about it, and reordered 16 minutes later? Sorry, but I don't buy that.

I will return one of these packages but I WILL NOT pay the return shipping.
    gm

This must have gotten results because I now have a free return label printed out and will be sending one of these packages back when it arrives. Almost forgot, the Carson dude said that if I filed a claim with Visa, I would be blocked forever from MidwayUSA, what a jerk!
    This has been an ordeal and having it to do over again knowing what I know now, I think I'd just pay the return shipping and forget about it.
    I appreciate all your help.

Just got another email and maybe I haven't won after all, the label said "postage paid", so they may deduct the shipping from the refund. Here's the last from them:
    When you placed your order you should of received 2 email confirmation verifying the order have been placed. I'm sorry if you did not receive a email confirmation. I'm sorry unfortunately some email providers have our email blocked due to the products that we sell. I'm sorry if you feel you did not make two order. I'm sorry unfortunately the orders were placed at 2 different times, one at 5:50 and then again at 6:06. Again, you may return one of the two orders but you would be responsible for return shipping.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!

Jennifer
    MidwayUSA Customer Support

Y'all use this company if you want but I'm through with them.

I just sent this:

Nothing was blocked on the server and nothing arrived on my computer so I ask again, where are those emails?

Team Savage
    And you're telling HOW MANY people you're getting jerked around by Midway USA Customer Service??
    And "they're" telling how many more folks that you got jerked around by Midway USA Customer Service?
    Looks to me like Midway USA if digging itself a BIG hole.
    And you will never get to buy from Midway USA ever again if you file a claim with Vise?
    Lets see, do I or don't I?
    You don't need Midway USA. They NEED you.
    An email directly to Larry Potter would probably get you the results you're looking for.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

They have now stopped responding so I guess it's settled. Here's the last email I received from the 1st customer service rep I dealt with. BTW, I do not have a private email server, guess they think I'm on the level of hillary clinton, and I spent a good while on the phone today with a tech from my ISP. He said there was no blocked email from ANY time period from Midway and there certainly isn't one on my computer either:

Thank you for your reply. I had the opportunity to check out the thread. The reason you did not receive confirmation emails is that you have a private email server that blocks these emails from coming through.

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to remedy the situation. Two orders were placed on your account and you received both packages. This would not be classified as fraudulent purchasing. Our system does not place orders for you.

Should you choose to dispute the charges you will be blocked from doing further business with Midway USA.
    I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this may have caused.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us via webchat. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST. You may also email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!
    Carson
    MidwayUSA Customer Support

Quote Originally Posted by justpassinthru View Post
    Y'all use this company if you want but I'm through with them.

I've been dealing with Midsouth Shooters since the 1970's when their "catalog" was a two-page flyer. Always good and prompt.

Graf & Sons is also a terrific outfit. My favorite for reloading equipment and components.

And Bud's Gun Shop for some things.

I always check those three for the best pricing when I'm stocking up.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpkiller View Post
    I've been dealing with Midsouth Shooters since the 1970's when their "catalog" was a two-page flyer. Always good and prompt.

And Bud's Gun Shop for some things.

I always check those three for the best pricing when I'm stocking up.
    Yep !! I disowned uncle Larry a few years back. Mid South and Natchez usually
    get most of my coin, although Powder Valley is my go to for primers and powders.
    I just recently added Blue Collar Reloading. Found a hell of a deal there on bullets
    by accident.
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Team Savage
    I'll keep looking. I USE to have an Email addy that went "directly" to Larry Potter.
    Sent a ? to him and he got back to me in short order.
    I believe he would REALLY like to see what you've been dealing with.
    They treat you good and you tell a friend.
    They treat you bad and EVERYBODY finds out!!
    Maybe it's gone too far but, I think I would cancel the order thru my CC and do business with someone else.
    And be damn sure Midway U.S.A. (especially Mr. Potter) knew exactly why and how you were treated the way you were.
    There's LOTS of businesses out there that would LOVE to have your business and would bust their hump treating you right.
    After all, it IS your $$$ you're spending? You don't owe them JACK. It's the other way around.
    And if it was me signing their checks, SOMEBODY would have a real hard time sitting down.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member
    Never any problem. Sorry this happened to you. From
    reading along here, they handled it poorly in my opinion.

_.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast