Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with Midway USA

Basic Member

I still cannot believe they have not been more receptive to resolving the matter to your satisfaction. You could have done this over again and had exactly opposite results. I remember years ago placing an order with them and ordered a silicone cloth with my order. My package arrived and I noticed they left out the silicone cloth. I emailed them and told them the cloth was not in the box and not to send it, but just deduct the amount and add it to my MidwayUSA bucks. I immediately received an email saying it was going to be shipped out ASAP and I think I had it a couple of days later. All this over a silicone cloth. I guess times have changed.

MidwayUSA used to be competitive, but over the last year or so, their prices are typically higher than many other places. So, I have been using them much less lately. They certainly aren't the only outfit in town, and there are many options out there. I am stubborn, and if I knew I was in the right, I most certainly would have disputed my credit card purchase and washed my hands of them. I had a similar experience with Charter cable. I had been with them about 15 years and when I needed to renew my cable and internet, they were absolute jackasses. It was like they were all trained to play hardball.....because the powers that be said so. I almost feel like your situation is similar.

Well, I told Charter to stick it, and I have been with AT&T ever since. I think that tactic hurt them as they lost a bunch of customers over those antics. If MidwayUSA sticks to behaving like that, they will too.

This may work out after all.
    The last recorded scan of these packages was at the Greensboro distribution center on 4/25 and neither have arrived at my local post office.
    Midway has been notified. Perhaps this will cause them a little trouble now, either way, I'm through with them.

Team Savage
    This is like "beating a dead horse" by going back to the very beginning BUT, who makes a double order without someone questioning it?
    Midway U.S.A. should have been all over it from the very start. Instead, you end up taking it in the shorts and Midway U.S.A. gets a bad rep AND looses a customer in the deal. Nice going Midway U.S.A. The person in Customer Service needs to get his/her ass kicked.
    What ever happened to "The Customer's Always Right"? Maybe not but they're still the customer. NOW? Maybe not.

Comments to MidwayUSA's President

Customer Satisfaction is our #1 goal! Please let me know what you think about our products, policies and service so we can learn and improve.
    Thanks,Matt FlemingPresident of MidwayUSAmattfleming@midwayusa.com

If you can't get to Larry Potter directly, maybe HERE would be a good starting point? Be nice!!
    AND, it probably wouldn't hurt to mention that this problem is/was mentioned on a FEW shooting related forums and has gotten "QUIT A FEW REPLIES" on the subject and is being watched for the final results.
    At this stage of the game, you've got nothing to loose.

Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

They were notified yesterday evening about the lost packages but still no response OR packages. The tracking # still says last scanned on 4/25.

I suspect the people I dealt with were following orders from way up the food chain.

Appreciate the link anyway and I will use it.

I was just issued a full refund for both packages.
    I still think it makes no sense to put a customer through what I went through.
    Thanks guys!

Team Savage
    "I was just issued a full refund for both packages" That's a good start.
    I don't like the idea of being crapped on OR burning bridges but, it would take some real hard thinking before I would ever consider doing business with Midway U.S.A. again OR, even recommending them to anyone else.
    Glad it's being worked out. You did good.

Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

A lot will depend on whether anyone from MidwayUsa reaches out with an apology and some form of “making things right” beyond a simple refund.

Nonetheless, Midway has long been a go-to resource for a whole bunch of folks. For me it is largely their organization of products. I can find what I’m looking for at MidwayUSA.com than I can on other sites, for example.

Losing their customer base because of poor customer treatment is a classic business problem.

The best bet is for someone who is truly familiar with the details to pass a link to this thread on to Larry or one of his senior lieutenants. That move would be a favor to those of us who don’t want to be treated the way you were.

Pacific Tool and Gauge has learned this. Dave Kiff is a genius with no business sense.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by JASmith View Post
    A lot will depend on whether anyone from MidwayUsa reaches out with an apology and some form of “making things right” beyond a simple refund.

Nonetheless, Midway has long been a go-to resource for a whole bunch of folks. For me it is largely their organization of products. I can find what I’m looking for at MidwayUSA.com than I can on other sites, for example.

Losing their customer base because of poor customer treatment is a classic business problem.

The best bet is for someone who is truly familiar with the details to pass a link to this thread on to Larry or one of his senior lieutenants. That move would be a favor to those of us who don’t want to be treated the way you were.
    Below is the apology, it remains to be seen what happens if those lost packages ever show up
    This has been a screwed up deal from the start.

"Again, I am deeply sorry for your recent experience with us. I hope we were able to make it right. If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com or if available you can contact us through our Live Chat feature. Our Live Chat is located at the bottom of our website under the Customer Service column. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST.
    Thanks for Your Business!

Brenden
    MidwayUSA Customer Support"

Basic Member
    What was the damage, postage or double charge for goods? If you are out the postage, forget it, better to have some resolve. If they charged a huge amount on your CC, that should be worked on. I had a contested charge recently, over $600. Took 2 months to have the CC company side in my complaint.

You haven't said how much money is involved, pennies, dollars, or hundreds of dollars. However, nobody likes to get stiffed.

Pacific Tool and Gauge, had a big problem with them, but they answered the phone, would NEVER order from them again.

Around $31.00 per package. I know that isn't much but $3100 would have had the same result.
    When a customer has a valid point, someone really should listen to him the 1st time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Pacific Tool and Gauge has learned this. Dave Kiff is a genius with no business sense.
    An example is Mr. Kiff's inability or unwillingness to cut a reamer to someone's specifications if he think HIS chamber will make a more accurate chamber and throat. There were some significant online conversations on this topic a few years back. Bad blood continues to exist among the people involved and even some who were on the sidelines.

Fortunately there are other reamer makers who are both outstanding and willing to cut to the customer specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by justpassinthru View Post
    They have now stopped responding so I guess it's settled. Here's the last email I received from the 1st customer service rep I dealt with. BTW, I do not have a private email server, guess they think I'm on the level of hillary clinton, and I spent a good while on the phone today with a tech from my ISP. He said there was no blocked email from ANY time period from Midway and there certainly isn't one on my computer either:

Thank you for your reply. I had the opportunity to check out the thread. The reason you did not receive confirmation emails is that you have a private email server that blocks these emails from coming through.

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to remedy the situation. Two orders were placed on your account and you received both packages. This would not be classified as fraudulent purchasing. Our system does not place orders for you.

Should you choose to dispute the charges you will be blocked from doing further business with Midway USA.
    I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this may have caused.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us via webchat. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST. You may also email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!
    Carson
    MidwayUSA Customer Support

similar bs happened to me with nosler, $300 charged 2x, a few weeks apart, they claimed I placed the order, bs. I did not contest it with CC. I was just too bleeping busy with work.

Op, you could have sent them this email:
    Please produce the PDF version of the email sent to me as confirmation for each order.
    Please produce the IP address and other identifying information that you possess for both orders.

if they still insist you placed fake orders, could you also prove that you did place the order by asking your ISP for browsing hx from that time slot (make sure you take out the shootermingle.com hx)

Anyway, I am glad you received refunds for both, I would stay away from them going forward.
    newbie from gr, mi.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockrex View Post
    similar bs happened to me with nosler, $300 charged 2x, a few weeks apart, they claimed I placed the order, bs. I did not contest it with CC. I was just too bleeping busy with work.

Op, you could have sent them this email:
    Please produce the PDF version of the email sent to me as confirmation for each order.
    Please produce the IP address and other identifying information that you possess for both orders.

if they still insist you placed fake orders, could you also prove that you did place the order by asking your ISP for browsing hx from that time slot (make sure you take out the shootermingle.com hx)

Anyway, I am glad you received refunds for both, I would stay away from them going forward.
    That's probably why their lower level support people give the answers they do, as in your case most don't have the time to pursue something like this. They would have me believe someone got a royal a** chewing but more likely their attitude is "we lost this one but hope to win the next." They also think the outcome will cement me as a customer for life but in reality, it has has the opposite effect.

Quote Originally Posted by justpassinthru View Post
    That's probably why their lower level support people give the answers they do, as in your case most don't have the time to pursue something like this. They would have me believe someone got a royal a** chewing but more likely their attitude is "we lost this one but hope to win the next." They also think the outcome will cement me as a customer for life but in reality, it has has the opposite effect.
    I'm closing this thread now, no reason to

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12