Thread: Savage Sears

Savage Sears

Is the sear for a 112, this one in particular from Brownells, the same found in a model 10? Need a new sear and Brownells is the only one who seems to have anything listed?

Or if anybody has a sear (Top Bolt Release) that they will sell since Brownells is out of stock.

Would also like to add, why is it, nobody is making higher quality sears? Have half a dozen aftermarket triggers, but not a single sear. I would pay for a good quality billet machined sear.

Make a drawing. Talk to a guy that has a little mini mill and see how much it cost to make 100 of them. Heat treat the sear trigger surface. Finish the same area with the correct geometry and see how much you could sell them for. I think people might pay 45-50 bucks.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Part number for a Savage Target Accutrigger sear is 106427. Savage will only sell this part to a gunsmith who'll need to supply the serial number of a rifle equipped with the Target trigger when it left the factory. Cost is like $25 plus any markup, and I need two for the triggers I have waiting to get retrofitted in place of varmint triggers. Last time I tried to get two the factory would only sell one at a time. All depends upon who you get on the phone when you call C.S. it seems.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    You are correct about none to be found.. Can you give our a little more info on what problem your having with the trigger system.

Team Savage
    I have all pre AccuTrigger actions. I bought a sear from a member and it will need some alteration to fit. My take is that they are not all the same! As I recall, the U of the sear was not wide enough to fit over the block in the action.

Basic Member
    Its probably a model 12 or Edge,Axis sear . There are different part numbers for those sears. 110,112,10 and 11 all share the same serial number but do have different suffix letters. Texas10 advice is probably the best option thus far.. A gunsmith could get you the correct part . Most gun manufacturers are only allowing trigger parts to only gunsmiths now.

Okay thanks. My receiver is off being Cerakoted, but once I get it back I'll contact Savage to get the model info then go to my LGS and have them order me a new sear. Do they still have sears for older triggers? The wood stock has 2001 stamped on the inside.

Basic Member
    They should .. Savage is still repairing all current firearms manufactured after Nov , 1995 ( serial # F498821 and above) so you should be good to go.

Heard back from the FFL that did my Cerakote work. They said they got an email back from Savage saying they aren't taking orders right now, and to go through Brownell. Well, I'm back to square one waiting on a sear through Brownell that may or may not work until this Covid thing passes.

Basic Member
    The sears for the 110 series are all the same geometry, and will inter change to a point. There are 4 variations: 1. the old style non accutrigger sear, which is discontinued, 2. the standard accutrigger sear, 3. the precision target accutrigger sear, and 4. the bottom bolt release sear.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Well, what I have is an old non accutrigger. I have an ELF trigger that I wanted to try. But I had done a little work to the sear with the stock trigger, and it didn't want to engage very well with the ELF. (Then I learned that they are very hard and do not bend.)
    So, if all else fails, Jard, but I'm not to excited about an 18oz trigger. Like them about 24oz.