Hello everyone, I have acquired an old .22 rimfire Savage model 6B and would like to install a Redfield model 70HH peep sight on it.

Now I’ve done my research and between the 6A and 6B models, all the years made, and the Savage/Springfield variants, I’m stumped as to how to mount this rear sight. There are several different pre-drilled hole locations depending on the model, but none seem to match this sight.
Although the sight is in original packaging and says it will fit Savage 6, it doesn’t. At least not without some sort of mount adapter.

I know I will need to cut away some of the stock, but the pre-drilled holes in the receiver are too far apart for the sight bracket, and they are not perpendicular to the horizontal plane. They are drilled at approximately 30 degrees off horizontal plane. I don’t know if my description makes sense but I’ve attached pictures of the receiver holes and included a picture of the sight.

The holes in the receiver are 0.8” center to center, and the holes in the sight are 0.4” center to center.

I’m hoping maybe someone has some experience with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk