Thread: 110 Hunter - Little washer, where does it go?

110 Hunter - Little washer, where does it go?

Hello all,

I removed my barreled action from the Accustock to sand down a few contact points on the stock. There is a little washer I believe was on the front action screw (I dropped the screw when removing so lost orientation) and I can't figure out where it goes?

It has the DBM and I can't find info anywhere as to the correct placement of the washer. Does it go between the head of the front action screw and the magazine holder body?

The front action screw hole got buggered up, however, I was able to mostly save it, albeit a little stiff running the screw in so I had to purchase a longer screw to use so it can meet the threads.

Thank you all in advance.

Basic Member
    Most likely it's a shim washer that goes between the DBM frame and the stock to adjust for magazine fit.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Ok. So, does the washer sit on the aluminum bedding block surface between where the DBM frame and bedding block meet? That's the only place I can figure it goes. Also, just to ensure -- this is the front action screw, correct?

Basic Member
    Yes, it will control the height of the magazine in relation to the mag catch.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Ok, I see. So do I just have to set the washer down and carefully put the screw through the DBM frame and washer so it doesn't fall all around during installation?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, however, I noticed that the washer is slightly concave and favors a concave seating position. The only place I see this is between the screw head and the DBM body, considering the bedding block is completely flat.

I also noticed my owners' manual doesn't list this washer or the cylindrical piece the rear action screw passes through. Just trying to make sure reinstallion yields no problems.

Trial and error is where you are since you lack confidence in a very knowledgeable gunsmith.

Install it where you want. Check function of mag catch/release and bolt operation. Problem, move washer to a different location. Test again. Problem, move washer etc...etc....
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

My intentions were not to doubt anyone's expertise. I apologize as I am new to this forum and don't know everyone's background. I will follow what sharpshooter has advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Trial and error is where you are since you lack confidence in a very knowledgeable gunsmith.

Install it where you want. Check function of mag catch/release and bolt operation. Problem, move washer to a different location. Test again. Problem, move washer etc...etc....
    My intentions were not to doubt anyone's expertise. I apologize as I am new to this forum and don't know everyone's background. I will follow what sharpshooter has advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Brydawg512 View Post
    LOL. That does sound kind of nasty doesn't it. Really though. That crusty old bastage knows a thing or 3. If he is wrong though trust your gut. It goes somewhere and I bet you can figure it out. Trial and error man. It will improve your troubleshooting skills.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Understood! Yes I'll give his expertise some credit and try what he said.. if no luck... it will be back to the drawing board

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    LOL. That does sound kind of nasty doesn't it. Really though. That crusty old bastage knows a thing or 3. If he is wrong though trust your gut. It goes somewhere and I bet you can figure it out. Trial and error man. It will improve your troubleshooting skills.
    Understood! Yes I'll give his expertise some credit and try what he said.. if no luck... it will be back to the drawing board

Basic Member
    Brydawg512,

do you have any feedback on the stripped front action screw problem?