Thread: @@ HP to 25-35

@@ HP to 25-35

I've posted this on the other Savage forum so I'm posting here for any additional comments...

spoke with this guy the other day, W. Wayne York, Gunmaker at Oregunsmithing, LLC about reboring to 25-35. says he has done quite a few, anyone here ever used him or know of his work? Sounds pretty knowledgeable over the phone. Web Page looks good. Think I'm gonna do it, price was good enough. Interested in other peoples thoughts or comments.

Basic Member
    Wayne has done three re-lines for me and done an excelelnt job. An 1899 in .25-35, an 1893 Marlin in .38-55, and an 1889 Marlin in .32-20. He's a great guy and you won't be disappointed in his work!!

.25-35 in a great round, one of the most accurate I own. It loves the 117 RN's.

Thanx al, that's the kind of info I was looking for.

Got the gun back from Wayne, after a slight UPS hiccup, shot it yesterday, just need to reset the sights but it feels real good to me, Now to load some 25-35, got 117, and 87 grain to start with. Does anyone have a lyman tang sight that will fit?

Basic Member
    Awesome!! Mine likes the 117 RN's the best, does not feed spitzers well. Lots of sights on E bay!! Glad you're happy with the results!!