Thread: Stimulus $$$$$$

Basic Member

Stimulus $$$$$$

https://www.amazon.com/ATN-Thermal-B.../dp/B07V3FV8PZ

I'm thinking about using the stimulus bucks to go thermal.
    Anyone use this low end scope?
    $1000 piece of junk or workable?

Basic Member
    These things made in China?? Keep that money in the US!!

Team Savage
    Don't need any AND not expecting to get any. If for some reason I DO get any, got a couple of grand kids that I can dish out a bit to.
    I'am NOT counting my chickens till they hatch.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mikie View Post
    Don't need any AND not expecting to get any. If for some reason I DO get any, got a couple of grand kids that I can dish out a bit to.
    I'am NOT counting my chickens till they hatch.
    Yeah Dat !! However......Been looking hard at the Giraud
    case annealer. Make them "Cats" easier to form.
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Team Savage
    I've considered one BUT, you use it a few time then it takes up shelf/floor space when not in use and that's NOT considering the $$$ you spent to just let it sit?.
    I'll go with my Propane torch and Map Gas. Map Gas burns hotter, takes less time and NO big cash outlay.
    Darker room to see the color change on the brass. You're learning as you go anyway.
    Kinda like popping for a Bore $cope. You've been shooting bug holes with no issues THEN, you get yourself a Bore Scope.
    You look down your FAVORITE Bug Hole Shooting barrel and !! Nothing has changes till you spent those $$ on the Bore scope?
    Now you're "Just asking for trouble". How can it be that my FAVORITE bug hole maker can shoot that good and look that bad?
    Never should have looked!! Life is a learning experience and over the years, I've talked myself out of buying LOTS of things.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member
    A little dab of stuff on the shoulder and you dont even need to be concerned about the right case color.
    I get to anneal most of my brass one time before i fire them, and they then become trash due to primer pockets.
    And i cant be bothered with the small ones like 223, and others like 06 that i hardly ever shoot.
    As for the cats, there has become far less reason to own one in my opinion, based on the number of cartridges we have available to us today.
    Quite a few high performance cartridges have either become factory offerings, or there are others equally as good or even better.
    Including a few old ones that i still own.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post
    Yeah Dat !! However......Been looking hard at the Giraud
    case annealer. Make them "Cats" easier to form.
    How would that be better than an Annealeez? Seriously? If you are looking for a well controlled annealing process, an Annealeez and a steel ruler for setup works pretty well. I set mine up in like 5 min to faster than last time settings, then just slow it down until it is right by 750 Tempilaq. Whala! Perfect annealing again.....record data for next time.