Hello, my name is Steve and I am a gunaholic.
I am a member of the NMLRA and the NRA and some local clubs
My most recent purchase is a Savage 112 in 22-250. My first gun is a 16 guage Stevens 940 which I still have.
My guns were made in 3 different centuries, ranging from 2 SxS original muzzle loading shotguns to a Ruger LCP.
I love the muzzle loaders both building and shooting them. Current project is my interpretation of a New England fowler that could have been carried to the Lexington and Concord battles.
I have made several flint and caplock rifles that have accounted for a pile of prizes and game.
I like Marlin Leverguns. Their simplicity impressed me. When I bought my 94 44mag I could not believe how easy they were to work on and disassemble for cleaning.
My pistols are for target and defense and of course fun.
I hunt mostly deer and turkey. Some squirrel and rabbit.
I fish open and hard water, mostly for Bluegills and other panfish. Open water is either out of my buddies Ranger or my 1950's Lonstar. My boat, motor, trailer and owner are all 1950 vintage. Ice fishing is done out of a Shappell 1.5 folddown.
I reload almost all of my centerfires. Not to save money but so I can shoot more.
As I said at the beginning I just bought a 112 22-250. I do not really need it I have just wanted one for a long time. I enjoy working loads and tweaking my rifles.
Looking forward to participating in this forum.