Thread: New (to me) Savage BVSS on the way!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

New (to me) Savage BVSS on the way!!

I have a pair of Model 10s in 223 that I've rebuilt. Only thing original on both are the actions. Boyds stocks that I pillar and epoxy bedded the actions in, McGowan 26 inch 8 twist varmint barrels and decent scopes on both. They both produce 1/4 MOA and are deadly on rock chucks. I learned a lot about making rifles shoot with those two.

I also have a Ruger M77 in 25-06 that recently started reloading for to try it for rock chucks as well this spring. It has a light sporter barrel and the typical full contact of the stock fore end to the barrel. Shoots 1 moa but I want better. It is for sale.

I found a used Savage 112 BVSS in 25-06, newer model with the 26 inch stainless fluted barrel and accutrigger. Sent a check off in the mail yesterday. Now I wait. In the meantime my plan is to process the brass that I have in my pin tumbler and anneal the necks. I may work up some test loads and seat the bullets long with the plan to set them deeper after I get my hands on the BVSS and can measure the distance to the lands.

All of the reviews I've read on the BVSS claim that they are shooters right out of the box. The guy who posted this one for sale claimed that it easily shoots 1/2 moa.

I'm excited!!

I would be too. The BVSS is a beautiful rifle.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Actually after having a couple of BVSS rifles I think it will shoot 1/2 moa also. Keep us posted after you get it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    Actually after having a couple of BVSS rifles I think it will shoot 1/2 moa also. Keep us posted after you get it.
    I will

Basic Member
    I love the look of the BVSS. Good find and I hope you enjoy it.

Basic Member
    They are indeed quite accurate, and typically the action operates smoother. I have a 12 BVSS that currently sports a 6BR barrel, and a friend has a 112 BVSS in 338LM that is a ton of fun to shoot ELR. That 25-06 should be a real shooter.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.