Thread: Apple Ipod

Apple Ipod

I've enjoyed SavageShooters for years, using Windows and Android computers or tablets. I just got an Ipod tablet and when I downloaded SavageShooters to use on it, it came inon a most concoluted display. Nothing like I have seen before. I'm having trouble finding mu most favorate forums, Axis and 110. Is there a different version for Apple Ipod? Not sure where I should post this, any help or advise is very welcome. Thanks, gumbo

Not sure what you downloaded as we don't have an app in any app store for this site. We do have TapaTalk installed, but that's a third party tool that we have no control over and I have no clue if it's Apple compatible. I always just recommend everyone access the site via their web browser (Safari for example on an Apple).
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Not sure what you downloaded as we don't have an app in any app store for this site. We do have TapaTalk installed, but that's a third party tool that we have no control over and I have no clue if it's Apple compatible. I always just recommend everyone access the site via their web browser (Safari for example on an Apple).
    I got an Apple tablet a few month back, and since im not very capable with computers i had my daughter in law who uses an Apple set it up for me.
    She did use Safari as mentioned for this and some other sites i use.
    Once it was set up i find it much easier and faster to use than my old laptop with Windows.

Thanks. I'm using my old Android to respond. I did use Safari to get to Savages Hooters.com. Opened it and saved it to home screen. It doesn't look anything like the SavageShooter on Android. I can't log in and stay logged in, it keeps asking me to log in again and again and again. The format as displayed on the iPod is completely different, very long and strung out, with all sorts of added info you need to scroll through. I thought possibly many users were using iPod or Apple phones with SavageShooter, and I'd done something wrong or missed a basic setting. Not sure. Many other forums I liked to read did save to my iPod in a nearly identical fashon as displayed n the Android. I'm getting tooo old to grasp all this. But thank you both so very much. Probably something simple. Maybe I will delete the site and try again.

try allowing cookies
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    i like cookies, my favorite is oatmeal with raisens.
    But as for the Apple, this site dosent look or sound any different on it than it did on my old one.
    Id suggest doing what i did, get some help by someone more knowledgable who is familiar with the Apple system.
    Once you have it set up properly, you will wonder why it took you so long to get one.

Only other thing I can think of that might be the difference is what forum style you're using. If you were previously using the mobile style and the iPod is using the default, that would make for a very different display.

Here's a screenshot of the forum homepage with the default style.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Default Style.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	6979

And here's a screen shot of the mobile style.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mobile Style.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	6980

If what you're currently seeing is the default style and you want to see the mobile style, simply scroll to the bottom of any page on the site and in the bottom left corner (in the dark blue bar) click on the drop-down menu and select the mobile style.

If what you're currently seeing is the mobile style and you want the default, scroll to the very bottom center of any page and click on "Full Site"

As for staying logged in, as Robinhood noted you have to enable cookies for the site to keep you logged in.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Thank you J Baker. The screen shots you posted look like what I see on an Android or Windows laptop or tablet. What I see on the Apple iPod isn't even close. I can read posts on the iPod but it is not allowed by me to log on in, although it does display my gumbo333 name and password dots. Not can I reply to any forum posts. I do have cookies enabled. I can try to switch display types but it won't do it. Perplexed for sure. Seems like others who use Apple smart phones or tablets that had used Android devices with SavageShooter would have encountered this long ago. Guess after I quit using my Android tablet I will just be reading SavageShooter only. But thank you J Baker so much for your responses and advice. And thank you yobuck for the cookie advice. Nothing wrong with monster cookies nor some of those Girl Scout thin mint cookies. From my Android, thanks. To

I use my iPhone with Safari and don't have a problem. Maybe it's something with the newer versions of their software or something - can't say as I'm running an iPhone 5 that's 8-9 years old at this point and it won't even let me download the latest iOS and thus can't download the latest versions of a lot of apps as a result.

Basic Member
    My device was purchased at a local Best Buy store after my 3 year old laptop was hacked, rendering it useless unless i agreed to pay $250.
    Much of that no doubt caused by my lack of ability with computers. I took it to Best Buy where i had bought it in hopes that the Geek Squad could fix it.
    It turned out that after several days i was informed that they couldnt, at least at that location.
    So i looked at the new computers on display with the idea of just getting a new one.
    This was about 6 months ago now so im assuming they were at least 2019 models.
    The Apple tablets were on sale, and the one i liked which is the mid size model was $249.
    I came home and talked with my daughter in law who is a teacher, and uses Apple including at her school about what she thought i should do.
    She didnt think i was correct on the price, so she went and looked herself, then told me to go buy it and she would set it up for me.
    When i turn it on, there is a home page screen with about a dozen or so symbols, one of which is Safari.
    When i touch Safari, another whole new screen comes up showing yet more symbols for sites i use like Savage Shooters.
    When i touch that, the Savage Shooter site comes up in the foremat shown.
    Ditto with any of the other symbols i touch representing other sites.
    It is different than the windows foremat i had been using with other computers, but also much easier and faster once i became familiar with it.
    One of the things i like most about the Apple tablet is the ease of both taking and sending Email pictures.
    I have a friend who attaches his which is the same as mine onto a spotting scope and videos long range hunting/shooting with it.

Thanks all. On my ipad the SavageShooter that is displayed is in a different format than that of Windows 10 or Android. I can't get logged on, the formats won't change and every forum topic had a padlock. I guess on the ipad I'm locked out. Frustrating. Likely something simple. I just bought the ipad from Walmart on line well under $100, just a touch more than a new Android, a refurbished older version. So far everything works like a charm, except SavageShooter. But thanks again, when you get old things just quit working. gumbo

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbo333 View Post
    Thanks all. On my ipad the SavageShooter that is displayed is in a different format than that of Windows 10 or Android. I can't get logged on, the formats won't change and every forum topic had a padlock. I guess on the ipad I'm locked out. Frustrating. Likely something simple. I just bought the ipad from Walmart on line well under $100, just a touch more than a new Android, a refurbished older version. So far everything works like a charm, except SavageShooter. But thanks again, when you get old things just quit working. gumbo
    The friend i spoke of bought his as a reconditioned unit also from an Apple store for a very low cost.
    I see new ones at Walmart but haven seen reconditioned ones.
    If you dont know anybody who is very familiar with the Apple system, i would take it to either an Apple store or a Best Buy store and seek help getting it set up. There will be a charge at Best Buy, but you will find the geeks there very familiar with Apple as thats what most of them ive spoken with own.

Never got to an Apple store or Best Buy geeks, won't for a while now. This still doesn't work at all on the iPad, everything has a padlock on it, but I can read it. The format on the iPad is long and weird, lots of extra info. I still have an Android tablet that works fine ,when I can get it away from my grandkids. Thanks all
    Last edited by gumbo333; 04-16-2020 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Errors