Thread: Model 24

Basic Member

Model 24

Just inherited a Model 24 22/410 with the selection button on the side. It's been initialled and dated 88 on the stock. (No one we know) but it's cool kinda kicks into a user rather than a collectors gun. I assume this is much older than 88 with the button barrel selector and the lacquer like finish. Wikipedia has that version starting in the 50's.

[QUOTE=scope eye;271337]the most I have been able to fit is 90gr of H4895.[/QUOTE]

Basic Member
    Lucky you! They’re great shooters, although I think they also have some appeal to the collector’s market.

Basic Member
    Typically the selector button is always missing, and the standard fix was to use the newer style hammer with the firing pin selector on top.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Basic Member
    I just sent my barrels off to Mike Orlen for choke tube threading and a forcing cone taper. My hope is that I’ll get better slug grouping, cleaner patterns, and at least a little pattern adjustability.

Basic Member

savage 24

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    Typically the selector button is always missing, and the standard fix was to use the newer style hammer with the firing pin selector on top.
    They have different style selector button. Some have the rod / screw separate , others are one piece. Numrich gun parts.