Thread: savage target accu trigger vs varmint accu trigger

Basic Member

savage target accu trigger vs varmint accu trigger

i know savage uses a 6oz trigger spring on the target models but do they use the same accual trigger and sear as the varmint model or do they really make a 6oz sear and trigger for the target model ?

If you look in the navigation bar you will see "Savage FAQ's" Click on that link and on the left hand side you see "Centerfire FAQ's" Click on that. There is a world of information there.

In case it is hard to find, here is a link that will answer all your questions about parts between the three savage accutriggers with part numbers.

https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...r-Part-Numbers
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    The Target (red blade) Accutrigger is a completely different animal from the Varmint or standard accutrigger. You can order a "target spring" from some websites however what you are actually getting is a varmint spring for replacing a standard accutrigger spring that will allow you to adjust pull down to about a pound and a half. You are not getting a Target Accutrigger conversion spring. That doesn't exist.

If your goal is to outfit your Savage with an accutrigger that will adjust down to a few ounces, you'll need to replace the whole trigger assembly with a Target Accutrigger. Simply place a WTB ad in the classified for a Target Accutrigger. They come up fairly frequently as aftermarket triggers are installed by many Savage owners. The replacement job takes all of 5 minutes.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    I have the target AccuTrigger. So does the guy at the next bench at my range. My whole trigger assembly was replaced by Savage after it completely locked up on me. Bench buddy had the same issue but took it all apart and never went lower than 9 oz. thereafter. I now pull at 9 oz. without issue for about two years.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    If you look in the navigation bar you will see "Savage FAQ's" Click on that link and on the left hand side you see "Centerfire FAQ's" Click on that. There is a world of information there.

In case it is hard to find, here is a link that will answer all your questions about parts between the three savage accutriggers with part numbers.

https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...r-Part-Numbers
    WOW! Thanks for the pointer. Who knew? probably everybody except me.

Now you do. Thank the forum boss and several people that have taken the time to put all of that great information on this forum to help us out.

Banned
    And thank you Robin... with the patience of a Buddhist Monk posting that link! I think you’ve had to post that like 3 times this week?? LOL! J/K.

It is very cool we have those resources to go back to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    And thank you Robin... with the patience of a Buddhist Monk posting that link! I think you’ve had to post that like 3 times this week?? LOL! J/K.

It is very cool we have those resources to go back to.
    Funny you say that. Everyone is always trying to rub ma belly.