Thread: Recomendations?

TrxR

Recomendations?

Looking for some recommendations on a what MarkII model would be a good choice for bench shooting? Are all the Mark II available in a left handed configuration? Im right handed but shoot left handed. I have been looking at a BV but have some people say the comb is too low for a good cheek mold with a good scope on it?

Thanks

Old No7

Re: Recomendations?

I think the lefty version of the Mk II BTVS would be tough to beat IMHO...

I just got that model (right-hand version), yet here on this Savage Arms link (in the rimfire section) you'll see they list an "L" version, which I'm fairly confident is a lefty model -- you may want to call them to confirm: http://savagearms.com/firearms/models/

My new BTVS is shooting really well out-of-the-box, with the awesome AccuTrigger breaking at about 2.25 pounds. I did polish the internals of the bolt, per the post on this forum, and that's helped some. I have not tweaked the trigger yet -- as there's no need so far.

Here's some pix of my rifle with its 4-12X Leupold FD/AO scope and a target shot off a padded 2x4" at 50 yards -- I'll take full credit for the lone flyer, but those other 4... Wow!!! I'll bet she can do better with a better rest, and if I fix the "nut behind the trigger"...

Good luck!

Old No7

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old No7
    I think the lefty version of the Mk II BTVS would be tough to beat IMHO...

I just got that model (right-hand version), yet here on this Savage Arms link (in the rimfire section) you'll see they list an "L" version, which I'm fairly confident is a lefty model -- you may want to call them to confirm: http://savagearms.com/firearms/models/

My new BTVS is shooting really well out-of-the-box, with the awesome AccuTrigger breaking at about 2.25 pounds. I did polish the internals of the bolt, per the post on this forum, and that's helped some. I have not tweaked the trigger yet -- as there's no need so far.

Here's some pix of my rifle with its 4-12X Leupold FD/AO scope and a target shot off a padded 2x4" at 50 yards -- I'll take full credit for the lone flyer, but those other 4... Wow!!! I'll bet she can do better with a better rest, and if I fix the "nut behind the trigger"...

Good luck!

Old No7

I agree, I love mine and shoots just as good if not better than old no 7's
    112,223,choate uv,nikon 6-18<br />lrpv,204,hs stock,sightron S3 6-24x50<br />12 target,McGowen 6mmbr,SSS hbr,Sightron S3 8-32<br />Mark II,22lr,thumbhole,Tasco 6-24x40<br />11 youth,243,Simmons 2.5-10x50<br />116fcss 30-06<br />12fv,204,VX-3 4.5-14x50

TrxR

Thanks guys. I am looking at that model as well as the TR. The other thing is what should I get for a scope :)

Thanks