Thread: New Savage owner, range report.

txharleyrider46

New Savage owner, range report.

Well I finally got to the range with my new to me Savage 110, it is a sweet shooter. I used a bore sighter to sight it in before I went and tweeked it at the range to get some pretty nice groups. I was shooting Remington 150 gr Core Lokt ammo at 100 yrds. The top two shots in the target are still getting it sighted in, the bulls eye shots are pretty damn tight. ;D

I'm really gonna like this rifle. I'm thinking about doing a Duracoat job on it, maybe desert tan or something like that, any suggestions? I did get a bi-pod and sling for it. The trigger is VERY light, it takes just a slight pull to fire, the recoil is not as bad as I was expecting, I was using a lead slead, but fired a couple of shots to see how bad it would be, maybe the muzzle break helped more than I thought it would.

The rifle in case you didn't see my original post when I got the new toy.

[img width=600 height=450]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/txharleyguy46/savage1.jpg[/img]

[img width=600 height=449]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/txharleyguy46/DSCN1253.jpg[/img]

jdg

Re: New Savage owner, range report.

Nice shooting! Enjoy your new toy!!

Really nice group shooting the Core Lokt.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

That is one nice group.
    I have 2 questions for you.
    1 if that is a brand new model 110 can you give me the action screw spacing?
    2 is it a full savage bull barrel with the strait contour can you give me the barrel size from the barrel nut to the muzzle?
    The reason I am asking is because I have a new 7mm coming with in a week or so and want to order a laminate stock for it in the thumbhole design but I need the dimensions.
    Thanks.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

txharleyrider46

rjtfroggy, I purchased the gun used, from the info I've gotten here, it is an older model 110 FP or LE. It has Savage Tactic etched on the bolt, so members have said it's a law enforcement model, not shure how old, and is a bull barrel, and has a straight contour. The screw spacing is 5" on center, not shure exactly where you need the measurments so I measured from the back of the nut and the front. From the back of the nut it is 25" to the end of the muzzel break and 24 1/8 to the seam of the muzzle break, from the front of the nut it is 24 1/8 to the end of the muzzel break and 21 5/8 to the seam of the muzzel break. I'm sure if you check with Choate they can tell you if it will fit your rifle. Hopes this helpa ya.

So does anyone have any recommendations on what the best ammo is to shoot outta this thing?

Galveston22

Nice shooting. There is lots of good factory ammo available. Black Hills, Hornady, Corbon. Lose that scope and duracoat it and youll be GTG.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=529532

Actually I am interested in barrel diameter, front to rear.
    FROGGY

txharleyrider46

I guess I should have known you were wanting the diameter......durh. Using a micrometer I took these measurements just in front of the scope, and at the seam at the muzzel break, I couldn't get to the barrel nut and I really don't want to take the scope off as I just got it sighted in. At the scope it measures .999" or 25.3mm at the muzzel .848" or 21.43mm. Hope that is better info for you. After trying again, I was able to get behind the front of the scope about an inch or so and it was 1.36" or 27.10mm. After looking at it a little closer it does have some tapper to it as you can see form the measurements.

Thanks that is what I needed.
    FROGGY