Thread: Will a Proof pre-threaded CF barrel fit a new 110 Storm stock ?

Will a Proof pre-threaded CF barrel fit a new 110 Storm stock ?

Folks,

I searched here and online but was unable to find an answer. Hope the forum folks can help.

I am a left handed shooter and require a left hand bolt. I am looking to purchase a new lefty Savage 110 Storm in either 7mm-08 or 6.5CM; then take off the OEM Savage barrel and replace it with a pre-threaded Proof Carbon fiber barrel.

Can anyone confirm that the Proof CF barrel will fit into the factory Accustock/Accufit stock with nothing more than minor inletting?

I don't want to purchase an aftermarket stock. (I like the new Savage Accufit/Accustock.)
    Also, yes I know Savage has the 110 Ultralite on the way with Proof barrels, but very much doubt they will be available in left hand anytime soon, if ever.

Thanks for any input.

Go direct to to Proof Research. They do barrels in both large and
    small shank, and to fit what ever your need.
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Fuj’, Thanks. I am hoping to go with one of Proof’s pre-fit/pre-threaded barrels. I just em’d Proof and they got back to me in less than one hour. They said the Pre-fit barrels are “drop in” and a straight taper, but they were not sure of the dimensions of the 110 Storm Accustock/Accufit stock, so they could not confirm/deny barrel fitment.

So, with that, I think the way to confirm is to simply obtain barrel profile measurements for the standard barrel in the 110 Storm short action, then compare those dimensions to the Proof barrel diagram on the Proof website. If they match, it should work.

I have a Model 14 Accutrigger .308 factory Savage American Classic rifle here at home, with a standard field/sporter barrel (not a bull barrel or other heavy taper). Does anyone know if that would measure up the same as a 110 Storm short action standard barrel?

After more research I answered my own question: it likely won’t work. The Proof pre-fit Savage barrel approximates an M24 taper, which is a much larger profile than the oem Sporter barrel on the 110 Storm.