Thread: Going to have some barrels nitrided, anyone else need any done?

Basic Member

Going to have some barrels nitrided, anyone else need any done?

So I have 4 barrels (2 savage, and two AR) that I am going to send to H&M to have nitrided. http://blacknitride.com/
    I have been in contact with the operations manager about their process and their pricing. They charge a minimum charge of $250. Not very cost effective if you just need 1 barrel done. However up to 8 barrels can be done under the min charge. So the more you send, the less it costs per barrel. If I send just the 4 I have, that puts me at about $62 per barrel. But if I could send 8, that would drop it to about $31 per barrel.
    I do not have 8 barrels to send. So I thought I would offer up to any members here, if you wanted to join up with me, we can group them together and get a better price per barrel.
    The way we would would have to do it (they all need to be sent together and paid for with the shipment), is you send me your barrel, I will securely wrap and package them all together, send them in, then once returned, you reimburse me for the nitridding service plus the shipping. I will divide the shipping charge sending it to them by the number of barrels, then that would be added to the return shipping charge back to you. Trying to make it as even and as fair to everyone as I can. I will pay for the nitriding service up front, you just pay me back when it is done and ready to come back to you.
    It would be nice to find some others to group together and split up the cost, as if I can get to 8 barrels, the price per barrel will be very reasonable. So ideally I need 4 more barrels. But however many I get, the price would be based off the number ($250 divided by the number of barrels)
    I have been on here for a few years, I have also been on gunboards forums for years and ar15.com forums for a few years, both with good feedback if anyone wants to look me up.

I will leave the offer open for a week for any takers. After the week, I will be sending mine off if there are no takers. If I do have any takers, then contact me and we can exchange info and you can send them to me and I will send them off as soon as I get all the barrels.

This is for Carbon Steel Barrels right?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    All 4 of mine are stainless steel, but carbon steel can be sent too.