Thread: Current choices for rings/base for 10T-SR?

Current choices for rings/base for 10T-SR?

Hi all,

I'm looking to get my 10T-SR in 6.5 properly scoped. Right now, I still have the Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP scope in the AR style mount from its past life, which sets way too high for my liking, but I'm not finding a lot of info on the best choices that is current. Searching gives me some advice on bases and rings, but all the links are dead since the newest one is from 2014.

I have the factory 20MOA rail and I'm not looking to do anything past 300 meters right now, so I was looking to get a basic set of Weaver or Burris low-profile rings and going from there. The pinned thread's link to the calculator shows I'd still have a fair amount of clearance, but if anyone's got this setup and can give me a thumbs up that it's workable in real life it'd be helpful.

Past that, I'm not looking to spend more than a hundred on this, as I'm also looking to pick up an ORYX or MDT LSS and can only throw so much at a range toy :)

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jballou View Post
    Hi all,

I'm looking to get my 10T-SR in 6.5 properly scoped. Right now, I still have the Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP scope in the AR style mount from its past life, which sets way too high for my liking, but I'm not finding a lot of info on the best choices that is current. Searching gives me some advice on bases and rings, but all the links are dead since the newest one is from 2014.

I have the factory 20MOA rail and I'm not looking to do anything past 300 meters right now, so I was looking to get a basic set of Weaver or Burris low-profile rings and going from there. The pinned thread's link to the calculator shows I'd still have a fair amount of clearance, but if anyone's got this setup and can give me a thumbs up that it's workable in real life it'd be helpful.

Past that, I'm not looking to spend more than a hundred on this, as I'm also looking to pick up an ORYX or MDT LSS and can only throw so much at a range toy :)

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!
    I like warne rings and recently got a set of aeroprecision rings that I've been really really happy with.. the ones that I just mentioned are on AR10s so may not be to your liking:)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I have been a fan of Warne for a long time. In recent years they have moved down the list a little and replaced by some much more expensive...probably more ring than I would ever need.. As far as budget rings go though I have been made a fan of the UTG PRO rings. XLR Ind. markets them as their own to boot. Good features and great price. Made in the USA!
    They have a key that locks the ring straight in a mil spec rail, spring loaded screws help you install and remove easily. I was surprised at how well these performed.

https://leapers.com/index.php?act=pr...emno=RWU013010

Same rings as these.

https://xlrindustries.com/collection...ts/scope-rings
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    I have been a fan of Warne for a long time. In recent years they have moved down the list a little and replaced by some much more expensive...probably more ring than I would ever need.. As far as budget rings go though I have been made a fan of the UTG PRO rings. XLR Ind. markets them as their own to boot. Good features and great price. Made in the USA!
    They have a key that locks the ring straight in a mil spec rail, spring loaded screws help you install and remove easily. I was surprised at how well these performed.

https://leapers.com/index.php?act=pr...emno=RWU013010

Same rings as these.

https://xlrindustries.com/collection...ts/scope-rings
    I have a few leapers/UTG parts that I have been very happy with.. alot of people dog on them but so far I dont see why.

The UTG PRO stuff is made in the USA and is actually of decent quality... and I am somewhat of a snob. Their new pro bipod is knocking on some Atlas door.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    The UTG PRO stuff is made in the USA and is actually of decent quality... and I am somewhat of a snob. Their new pro bipod is knocking on some Atlas door.
    I bought their new pod and love it. I was pleasantly surprised with how beefy the construction is. I didnt care for the 360 swivel of it so I just leveled it and tightened the screw that locks it down

Burris signature rings with the inserts in them. I wont use anything else. Wont leave a single mark on the scope and they have offset rings to go up to 30moa should you need the height for real long distance. My bases are picatanny rails.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    ^^^ I use Burris Signature Zee rings on all of my 30mm scope tubes,and will only use American Rifle Co. M10 rings on my 34mm and larger tube scopes.

I use the EGW Picatinney base on all my rifles with Weaver windage adjustable rings. I do all my coarse windage adjustments with them and fine tune POI with the scopes internal adjustments.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67