Thread: Rifle Basix 1 trigger installation in MOD12 FVC accustock. Problems.

Team Savage

Rifle Basix 1 trigger installation in MOD12 FVC accustock. Problems.

I replaced the accutrigger with a Rifle Basix 1. The trigger functions normally/safely when not seated in the accustock. The trigger functions normally when seated in the accustock, and the front action screw ONLY is torqued to 55 in/lb. When the rear action screw is torqued to 50 in/lb the trigger will not move. The bolt will slide out of the receiver without depressing the trigger or bolt release. Installation was done following the instructions provided. Has anyone encountered this problem? Does anyone have any thoughts on possible sources of the issue? Thanks.

Team Savage
    Sounds like a little bit of interference from the stock. Pull it back apart and see if you can see any marks where the trigger was touching the stock. Clearance the stock around the trigger and reinstall.. good luck

If it is a bottom release, the manufacturer says it will not work. The problem is the interface between the bolt release, the trigger and the sear.

If you decide to make it work, you will have to extensively modify the trigger housing, the sear and the bolt release arm in the trigger guard. I do not suggest it after doing it. It can work but the modifications are permanent and will need parts replacement to take it back to factory specs. One problem I had was trigger timing and I never got into the why I just fiddled with it until I got it right. If you need any help I made a post about it three or 5 years ago. You could pm me with question and I would help in any way I can.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Team Savage
    Thanks for the feedback. I examined the trigger housing and trigger and more detail. The fact that it functions normally without the rear action screw in position tells me that there is an inherent incompatibility with the trigger and the bottom bolt release design. I plan to replace the accutrigger and use it as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    If it is a bottom release, the manufacturer says it will not work. The problem is the interface between the bolt release, the trigger and the sear.

If you decide to make it work, you will have to extensively modify the trigger housing, the sear and the bolt release arm in the trigger guard. I do not suggest it after doing it. It can work but the modifications are permanent and will need parts replacement to take it back to factory specs. One problem I had was trigger timing and I never got into the why I just fiddled with it until I got it right. If you need any help I made a post about it three or 5 years ago. You could pm me with question and I would help in any way I can.

Team Savage
    I talked to Jim at Northland Shooter Supply. Rifle Basix 1 triggers can be installed on accustock's with bottom bolt release. They will work. I got ahead of myself stating that the triggers are incompatible. I apologize for any confusion. I was unable to determine the cause of the bolt release binding on MY rifle. That is a project for another day.