Hi gents, this is my first post on this site, I've been a long time Savage shooter & gained heaps of valuable info from this site.I have recently acquired an early 110 L in .270 ( being a lefty) as light carry rifle, all my other guns are too heavy (all long range rigs) for walking too far I have 4 other Savage rifles in 204 Ruger,22/250 AI, 7MM Rem mag, 338 Edge..What my intention with this 110 was to turn it into a 300 Whby mag, I have the bolt head & all the spare parts I require, but the bolt with the circlip extractor is wrong, bolt head pin is at right angles to to the head when installed in the early bolt body... So I guess a new bolt , I found that I can utilize the old floating bolt baffle on a newer bolt as the old action is'nt machine to take the small guide on the later baffles..I tried my 338 bolt in it with the old style baffle fitted.. worked perfect after removing the standing ejector pin... I'm having a new match grade hunter weight barrel made for it.. I'd be interested in any comments, tips or other regarding the build...