Thread: Any aftr market parts available

Any aftr market parts available

Caps for me seeing not shouting

im in the process of changing out my ar10 308 20 inch barrel.... I know the bcg is proprietary, but i thought i would be able to at least swap out the barrel... I ordered a faxon barrel that looked compatible, but the gas port is not in the same place as the savage... And the port is smaller... Im now in the process of having a custom barrel made....

Any way, i called savage, they will not sell any parts for the ar10. I asked how much would a barrel and matching bolt cost, they did not know...
    My question is ....is there any company that sells parts for the savage msr10?

Funny, i vave a 110 in 308, and can get almost anything after market for the gun.... Maybe sad...

Basic Member
    There are no set standards for AR10s and Savage didn't bother to follow the ones that most play by. They use a Mid+ gas system, but it should not matter. As long as your gas system parts match up you are fine. In fact, a longer gas system is better for .308 anyway. Don't worry about the smaller port either. Most .308 ARs are over gassed as it is. I think the MSR has an adjustable gas block so you are just blocking the larger port off.