Thread: Left hand action??

Team Savage

Left hand action??

Simple question. Is the bolt release lever on the "right side" of the left hand action like the right hand action?
    I've got a Model 12 (Accu trigger) single shot left hand action and the release lever in on the right side.
    Had a left hand action stock cut and it's cut for the bolt release lever on the left side???
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Re: Left hand action??

"My Call!" As my son-in-laws says, "Why is it so dark in here, and what's that smell?" Some stock maker has their head "up"!
    The one who dies with the most toys still dies--except in Christ.

AVanGorder

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mikie
    ... Is the bolt release lever on the "right side" of the left hand action like the right hand action?...
    Yes

Team Savage

So what it boils down to is the only difference between a left and right action is the position of the bolt handle and the port. (not thinking about a "target action")

The stock that I waited 4 months to get came wrong in more than one way.
    Ordered a right hand thumbhole and got a lefthand thumbhole. Wanted it cut for a left hand action and that was a$$ backwards also. Some folks just don't get it and could care less. ::) Thanks guys for the clarification. Much appreciated, Mike.

I CAN NOT figure out why Richards Micro-Fit is still around!
    The one who dies with the most toys still dies--except in Christ.

Team Savage

It's their "style selection and price". Maybe a couple of hundred $$ less than anybody else. Know ahead of time that the stock will need sanding and fitting and it's a good deal.

the cnc operator "mirrored" the cut and it reversed everything.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Avenger
    the cnc operator "mirrored" the cut and it reversed everything.
    You are giving them too much credit, they don't have "cnc" machines, they have "cmc" machines.
    CNC= computer numerical control
    CMC= constantly manually cranked ;D
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

AVanGorder

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter
    CMC= constantly manually cranked ;D
    That's pretty funny

Team Savage

And from the looks of the inlet, that's exactily what he did. Mirrored the cut!
    Too bad they have no idea what they were doing.

Norcal. I would have thought your search on here would have swayed you away from Richards stocks and sent you to Joel Russo or SSS.Richards does inlet but for what I don't know mine was for something other than a Savage so I sent it back and received a full refund and then posted about it.
    I waited just over 4 months for a stock I did not even recognize from what I had ordered,only thing that was right was the color.
    If you are a woodworker with the tools to do it then by all means buy from them,if not spend the extra and go full custom.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Team Savage

Froggy: First off, the problem in all in the past. I plan on moving forward with another stock. Not sure where or who it will come from but I'am working on at present.
    I have one of the "first" A5L stocks that Jeol Russo made in "San Fransisco Camo" so I know what he can do and the quality of his products. And I might add, he's a "real good" man to deal with. At present he's checking to see if he has a program close to what I'am loking for in the style I want.

As far a Richard's Microfit stocks, I've had 6 so far. Some better than others.
    And like I've mentioned before, they're getting better all the time. I know full well what to expect as far as fit and finish so I'am not going at it blind. Fitting the action, adding pillars and doing the finish work is part of the fun of "building" a custom rifle.
    And as far as doing a "search" concerning Richard's Microfit, more than likely my name will come up more then any other.
    If you don't mind doing some work on the stock you recieve from Richard's Microfit, they're a good deal for the price and the selection of styles they have available. And the wait can be much shorter that some of the other stock makers. You get what you pay for.
    One of the best fit and finish stocks that I've ever owned was one from Boyds for my M1A. Looked like a fine piece of furniture! Too bad they don't have "bench rest" designs available. I'd be all over them. ;D
    The reason I posted the question about the "left hand action" is the only "lefty" I own is the Model 12 and I wanted to know if any of the other "left hand actions" were different. Now I know and when Richard's Microfit cut the inlet they made a mistake.
    My first impression of Richard's Microfit was thay had no idea as to what they were doing besides being color blind. I ordered a stock in Blue and it came green. Sold it the next day!
    I'am not a "rookie" at rifle building and I know things happen to slow down a build. Mistakes happen and I'am moving forward. 8)