Good evening,

Recently I stumbled upon a gun I always found incredibly neat but RARELY encountered in any condition. I picked up a Savage 23B in 25-20. The metal is in about 90%, with the exception being the clip with the rough cheese grater type area having some moderate rusting. The bore is very good + with only a few small areas of light pitting. I've managed to completely disassemble the bolt and everything is good to go, firing pin, extractor, ejector, etc etc.

My problem lies in the stock. The stock is a total loss. It is missing a ton of material from the butt end, including the whole butt plate. The forend, on the left side has a giant section missing towards the end, much of the material is missing by the action screw mount, you get the idea. Will the stock from a 23B and C interchange? If I am thinking right the 23A has a more narrow bottom metal so it wouldn't work but I don't know about the dimensions of the 23C being 32-20 so it *might* work. I DO have the bottom metal from the original metal from the original stock so at least there is something.

Once I get a stock and butt plate, i'll just need a die set, some brass, and boo-lits. I plan to shoot this with Unique powder to keep the pressures and wear and tear low so I can keep shooting this gun for another generation. Something about the golden oldies really makes me warm and fuzzy.

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.