Thread: Trigger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Trigger

I got my tool to adjust the trigger yesterday and found that it was already set to the lightest pull. I admit I don't have the most sophisticated measuring instrument but I think it is set about 2 3/4# It is definitely a lot tighter than a rifle of another brand that has an adjustable trigger. I thought they were supposed to go down to 1 1/2#. Am I mistaken?

I have to give Savage credit, they got it here a lot faster than they told me. I figured it would be another week and was happy to see it arrived yesterday. I think I will head to the farm tomorrow and try it out with some handloads.

Basic Member
    Cut some of the coils off the spring on the rear,it’ll get the trigger pull lbs down,do a little at a time

Banned
    Search & read some of our many, MANY threads on triggers. Only the Target Actions have the 1.5lb trigger. You can purchase the Target trigger spring, but it likely will still not “feel” as your minds eye is thinking.

Several of us here have explained what is involved in what is thought to be a remarkable trigger. I’ve explained how the number on those little measuring devices can be misleading.

There simply is no free lunch. And a $4 spring ain’t gonna do it! For an amazing trigger, simply stone the trigger & sear surfaces to perfect parallel, shim & re-spring.....OR, if you aren’t an experienced gunsmith, buy one of aftermarket jeebles.

Team Savage

Each of the 3 versions of the Accutrigger (standard, varmint/LEO, target) and lightest pull weights can be found in this FAQ topic - Factory AccuTrigger Part Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
    Each of the 3 versions of the Accutrigger (standard, varmint/LEO, target) and lightest pull weights can be found in this FAQ topic - Factory AccuTrigger Part Numbers
    I am wondering what all the fuss is about the Accutrigger. I just cleaned a Savage 110E internal mag .270. It has the older style trigger. It was light and smooth as butter even before I cleaned it! I am wondering why Savage would change a trigger that is so sweet. Was is just because the trigger is a pain to put back together? I am new to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 000Robert View Post
    I am wondering what all the fuss is about the Accutrigger. I just cleaned a Savage 110E internal mag .270. It has the older style trigger. It was light and smooth as butter even before I cleaned it! I am wondering why Savage would change a trigger that is so sweet. Was is just because the trigger is a pain to put back together? I am new to the forum.
    Safety. The Accutrigger name has nothing to do with Accuracy.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.