Hi everyone,
I just registered because I had just ordered my first Savage rifle on-line and went and picked it up from my local FFL . We opened the box and said to each other looks like what I had ordered, a model 12 benchrest in 6br, since it was a new rifle, I thought I wasn’t going to open all the boxes and make a mess, so I took it home. When I opened the box the plastic bag it was in looked a little grungy, I took look down the barrel and it looked pretty bad, and thought they meaning Savage didn’t clean the barrel after a lot testing.
after that I took the bolt out of its box to take a look at it, I couldn’t believe what I saw, the bolt face was covered in carbon and it was starting to rust! I had already started to clean the barrel, but after seeing that bolt face NO this is going back to Savage!
they have so far been good about e-mailing a call tag. But what I really want to know how it gout of factory, and what caused it!
i was hoping to get an early start on working up a load for it, but that doesn’t look like it is going to happen! I cannot believe I am the only one who got a rifle this!

If anyone has seen one like this Please contact me,
Porsche 904