Hello all,

I came across what I thought was a great old Savage model 99 in the 250-3000 caliber. I have done a little research and even called Savage where I was told to write a letter to get information but then was told to pay money to get Information. What I have found out is the 250-3000 caliber was introduced in 1915 and the serial number on my gun is from 1915 per the Internet. I was hoping somebody here had a good reliable database and it could confirm the build year for my rifle. The gun is in pretty fair shape if it's 105 years old and shoots great. I thought I could get it to shoot 100gr Nosler ballistic tip bullets but it hasn't yet. I bought some Speer 87gr bullets and with some CFE223 powder I have a shooter now. I guess I will stick with what this gun was engineered for, the 87gr 3000FPS bullet. I'm actually getting closer 3200FPS but the powders of today have evolved greatly. Anyhow, if anyone has a better idea on aging these old jewels I would love to get confirmation on mine Serial number is 1681xx

Thanks