I was looking at a model 19, S/n 150xx, and have been trying to find some info on it. The gun is about 80% and missing the rear sight. Someone dovetailed what looks to be a simple, perhaps homemade non-adjustable rear sight. The stock is in the short style and appears to be original. It also has the narrow rectangular ejection port. I ran a dummy round through the magazine and it fed OK but I did not fully chamber it as I began to feel some resistance. Extraction was fine. (I didn't realize these are cock on closing, so might have mistaken that for the round d hanging up. That bolt spring is heavy.) I managed to start the round by hand but the extractor looked like it wasn't going to override the rim, much like a 98 Mauser. Should this generation 19 be able to single load? I wouldn't want to be stuck with a fence post should the magazine go south. Since rear sights are scarce and expensive, has anyone tried adapting other receiver sights? Anyway, I'm on the fence with this. I can probably get it for about $150. Just want to be sure I'm not missing something like a bad extractor, etc. Don't really need it and I'm already self-enabling, so nudging me won't be necessary, LOL.

Thanks in advance! Red