Thread: 270 at 100

Basic Member

270 at 100

Just a quick review. I got to the bench in the rain this afternoon with the 111 270.
    Factory Winchester 150 Power Point ammo.

Shot three that hit low. 1.10” center to center not bragging rights but good enough for an average old fart that hasn’t done much shooting for a while.
    Also this is the first three shots after a freshly scrubbed barrel.

Adjusted scope up and shot the upper right shot then the other two that hit lower.
    Hopefully just the scope settling in.
    Still looking forward to making some ammo for this one.

I’ve got to believe somebody with some bench rest skills would do better but I wouldn’t hesitate to hunt with this rifle and ammo.

Also checked the trigger and found it goes right at 3.5 lbs. Felt stiffer to me but I haven’t done a lot of shooting with an accutrigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will certainly get the job done.

Now you have a "benchmark" for working up your handholds. An excuse to shoot more!
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

The rifle definitely looks more than accurate enough to hunt with. You could safely adjust the accutrigger lower to suit your needs if you felt like it. 3.5lb isn't bad but there is room there for improvement.

Also, if you haven't tried a couple of different kinds of ammo you may be missing out. You might be surprised at how well something else shoots in it. If you're happy though, stick with what works.
    FTR in 223, BA LE Tactical in 308, 110 Flatback in CBI 6mmBR Norma, Others

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6mmBR_Shooter View Post
    The rifle definitely looks more than accurate enough to hunt with. You could safely adjust the accutrigger lower to suit your needs if you felt like it. 3.5lb isn't bad but there is room there for improvement.

Also, if you haven't tried a couple of different kinds of ammo you may be missing out. You might be surprised at how well something else shoots in it. If you're happy though, stick with what works.
    Waiting on some dies and will start putting together some ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk