Thread: Savage service

Basic Member

Savage service

I have 2 Savage rifles with the Accutrigger. The little tool to adjust the trigger is probably used one time and put in a safe place where you always know where it is and you know how that goes. I can't find either one, have a friend with 2 Savage rifles and he can't find his either. I finally called Savage and decided to order one. I figured it would cost $10-15 for a $1 (or less) part but I can kind of understand that the way things are today. Imagine my surprise when they are sending me 2 at no charge. Companies like this deserve loyalty and future business if looking for another rifle or product.

Basic Member
    Just kidding, BUT they get more mileage out of good will by giving you a $.10 piece twice. See, you posted a very positive post about Savage customer service. Also, they save on postage by giving you two in case you lose another one and they replace the part again.

BTW- I have no idea where mine is. I use a very, very small flat screwdriver IIRC.

Basic Member
    I've had great luck with Savage Customer Service. Their prices are the lowest, they alway have stock, and yes, they'll ship small parts at no charge. Happy to see your experience with them was up to their usual high standards.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    You may, though, have a change of life experience getting screws for a trigger out of them even if you offer to pay for shipping and handling.

Basic Member
    Good for them. I called a while back to order bottom metal for the HS Precision stock I bought. The lady was flat out rude and confrontational. The first thing she said was that I needed to not call them and order it on MidwayUSA.....which they don't have that part. In the end, she told me she didn't have it in stock. I was apprehensive about that, but nothing I could do at that point.

Turned me off so bad, I waited and found one for sale on eBay. I perhaps paid a bit more than what Savage had it for, but I didn't want to deal with that woman again.

I know I could have called and got The One, or she was having a bad day, but very unprofessional. I didn't hold it against Savage personally. Every work place has a jerk or two.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post
    Good for them. I called a while back to order bottom metal for the HS Precision stock I bought. The lady was flat out rude and confrontational. The first thing she said was that I needed to not call them and order it on MidwayUSA.....which they don't have that part. In the end, she told me she didn't have it in stock. I was apprehensive about that, but nothing I could do at that point.

Turned me off so bad, I waited and found one for sale on eBay. I perhaps paid a bit more than what Savage had it for, but I didn't want to deal with that woman again.

I know I could have called and got The One, or she was having a bad day, but very unprofessional. I didn't hold it against Savage personally. Every work place has a jerk or two.
    I talked to a man and he was as nice as could be. There are assholes in every organization though. Sometimes you get one I guess.

Small tools like the AccuTrigger tool, Allen wrenches for turret caps, etc are easily lost if you don't come up with a convenient place to store them so they won't get lost in the junk drawer. I have an old Plano mini-magnum side-kick (#3215N) tackle box specifically for keeping such tools and other small parts in so I could easily find them in the future. The one I have is double-sided and holds most small parts I need (bolt body, scope rail, rings, barrel nuts, trigger guards, lens cleaning tool, etc.).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02478.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	6879 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02479.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	6880

I also use a small clear Plano #3500 series box to store some of my small reloading tools just to keep them handy and organized.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02480.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	6881
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain