Thread: Help ID Savage stock

Help ID Savage stock

I picked up this Savage stock for a new build and was wondering if any of you could ID it. My 110 action fits it and it has a varmint barrel channel. I believe it was a factory offering as it has a Savage logo butt pad. Could it be a 112J series varminter stock? I’m not sure if the action screw spacing would have been the same on those J series? Interesting that this has stippling on the grip area and forearm and I have never seen that on a Savage varminter. Any ideas? Should be a fun build.
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/2lru2h6o8/

The stippling and flat comb are the dead giveaways on this one. This stock was only offered on the Model 110 V (varmint) which was made from 1983-1987. The 110 S (silhouette) used a very similar stock - the only difference being it had a Monte Carlo comb.

See image 5 in this link: https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...-Print-Catalog
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by NDTOO View Post
    I picked up this Savage stock for a new build and was wondering if any of you could ID it. My 110 action fits it and it has a varmint barrel channel. I believe it was a factory offering as it has a Savage logo butt pad. Could it be a 112J series varminter stock? I’m not sure if the action screw spacing would have been the same on those J series? Interesting that this has stippling on the grip area and forearm and I have never seen that on a Savage varminter. Any ideas? Should be a fun build.
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/2lru2h6o8/
    Where did you find this stock? I like the looks of it.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Thank you for making the identification. I searched the web with no luck so I figured someone here would come up with it. I found it on Numrich's site. The lady I placed the order with said they showed two in stock. When mine arrived and I confirmed my action was going to work in the stock I went back to order the other one but no joy, it was already out of stock! Oh well, at least I was able to get one. I bought a donor 111, 30-06 several years ago just for the action so I'm going to put it in this stock and turn it into a 220 Swift Varminter.