Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 110 ultralight

Basic Member

110 ultralight

Is anyone talking about the 110 ultralight? A buddy of mine played with it at Shotshow and liked it. He's definitely not a Savage guy.

Basic Member
    It sure has my attention. I just ordered my second Proof barrel a month ago for a Savage. The first one went on a Bighorn action. That 6.5 PRC Big Horn/Proof is just an awesomely accurate rifle.
    Under 6 LBS for a 280ai sounds like a near perfect elk rifle!

Basic Member
    I'm stuck between the 110 ultralight and a Seekins havak PH2. The mag is just so short in the 110. The PH2 is 4"

Basic Member
    Going to get a 110 ultralight in 28 nosler as soon as one hits the distributor.

Hey! It has my interest as well. Does anyone know if it has a straight or stacked magazine well? I’ve currently got a 308 scout that is just too darned heavy for a brush gun, but I really really like the FDE accustock, and was wondering if I could fit an ultralight into my 110 accustock.

Basic Member
    28 inbound. It'll be in town Monday. Coronavirus may delay picking it up. The gun shop is doing curbside M,W, and Friday.

Got mine last week it's a 300 wsm and it's pretty nice.

What’s the real world price you guys are paying for these?

Basic Member
    my local gun shop in northern MN said he could get me one for around $1250... still waiting for the 300 WSM.

I paid 1600 Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by Alleycat72 View Post
    I'm stuck between the 110 ultralight and a Seekins havak PH2. The mag is just so short in the 110. The PH2 is 4"
    My 300wsm has lots of room in the mag to load heavy bullets to the lands

Basic Member
    To say I'm disappointed in this gun would be an understatement. The stock is junk. With a suppressor on the barrel you can sit and watch it vibrate. It's a 3/4 moa gun at best. The trigger isn't bad.

What stock came on it? I would be calling savage and letting them know how bad and what is wrong with it.Maybe they can restock it or just get something from Boyds or HS Precision.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    It's an accustock. It'll either have to be shot with a muzzle brake, stiffer stock, or naked. I shot one group that had an ES of 6. Another with an ES of 13. It should shoot.

Basic Member
    Could you remove the stock and take another look? I didn't think it was supposed to be an accustock, since that would add over a pound to the weight.

I have one in 28 Nosler. Rifle came with a sticker that says Accustock and AccuFit right on it. It’s for sure 99.9% plastic. It does have metal pillars, front and back.

Basic Member
    I knew it was a accufit, but if it doesn't have an aluminum block cradling the receiver, it is not an accustock. I am looking on the website and it does not say that it has an accustock. If you filter by feature, and select accustock, it shows 18 models and the ultralite is not one of them.
    Does it have the aluminum block?

Basic Member
    Just has pillars and all the plastic inserts for fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by want2ride View Post
    I knew it was a accufit, but if it doesn't have an aluminum block cradling the receiver, it is not an accustock. I am looking on the website and it does not say that it has an accustock. If you filter by feature, and select accustock, it shows 18 models and the ultralite is not one of them.
    Does it have the aluminum block?
    I guarantee the rifle comes with a sticker that says Accustock on it. The sticker is still on my rifle. Here’s a whole bunch of info and pictures from a write-up I’ve done on the rifle. Notice the picture with the Accustock sticker.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/savage-110-ultralite-28-nosler-proof-research-24-barrel.241639/

I'm not suggesting it should be marketed as having an AccuStock. I think that is very misleading. There is some misleading marketing going on. I was surprised and disappointed to find out my rifle did not have the bedding block. I think most people will want to swap the stock out once they realize what they have. Unfortunately, the options are limited (at least for long actions) and everything will add about 1+ lbs to the rifle.

Team Savage
    Savage Arms site list it as having an Accu-Fit stock only. Also appears to have all synthetic Axis-style DBM frame assembly and trigger guard for weight savings. Not the stock and bottom parts I’d use to maximize the accuracy potential of the LW action and proof barrel.

Basic Member
    Probably going to cut the stock up and do some work on it. If that doesn't work, in the trash it goes.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by martinakl View Post
    I guarantee the rifle comes with a sticker that says Accustock on it. The sticker is still on my rifle. Here’s a whole bunch of info and pictures from a write-up I’ve done on the rifle. Notice the picture with the Accustock sticker.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/savage-110-ultralite-28-nosler-proof-research-24-barrel.241639/

I'm not suggesting it should be marketed as having an AccuStock. I think that is very misleading. There is some misleading marketing going on. I was surprised and disappointed to find out my rifle did not have the bedding block. I think most people will want to swap the stock out once they realize what they have. Unfortunately, the options are limited (at least for long actions) and everything will add about 1+ lbs to the rifle.
    How does yours shoot?

Basic Member
    I got a accustock and milled out the recoil lug area for the ultralite. Hopefully this is the fix

I have the 30-06 ultralight i really like it ots ahooting tight groups with cheap ammo in it right now till its broke in but on rhe range i do shoot with a break on it.

Basic Member
    I've shot one group that came in at 0.391. I can live with that. Loading up more today. Tomorrow I'll shoot it through the chronograph and run it out to 1k. If it can hold half MOA 3 shot groups to 1k I'll keep it. We'll see if that group was a fluke or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast