My trip to the range ended early today. I own a new 110 Storm in 6.5 Creedmoor, with about 50 rounds total down the barrel now. After firing a dozen rounds this afternoon, I could suddenly no longer chamber a round. The cartridges just “stuck” part way into the chamber, and I was unable to push the bolt all the way forward. It actually took a while to get the first one out (I finally grabbed the rim of the case through the pressure-relief hole in the right side of the action with a stiff piece of wire).

The ammunition used was Winchester 125 grain open tip range ammo. White box. The only two previous boxes of ammo through the rifle were Winchester 125 grain Deer Season XP. The cases were clean with no obvious defects. Previously fired cases continue to chamber without issue. The remaining live cartridges will not, but depth of the “stick point” varies from round to round.

One thing I did notice is that the necks of the spent cases had a fair amount of carbon residue on them. Far more than I’m used to when reloading. Perhaps this is common with factory ammunition?

Has anybody else experienced this?