Thread: KRG Bravo

Basic Member

KRG Bravo

Guys,
    I'm not on this site much anymore......but still love shooting my Savage rifles.
    I have a good friend that has a KRG BRAVO for his BigHorn and he raves about how much he likes it, even tho he has McMillans, Bell & Carlsons, MPAs and such.
    I need another stock so i reached out to KRG as i am really interested in the BRAVO
    NOT to bash KRG, but they told me "Sorry, we have no current plans for one. "
    Didn't know if there were others interested and MAYBE if we all emailed KRG asking for a Savage inlet, MAYBE they would consider and offer one..
    Thoughts??????

jim
    6CM

I don't have the email anymore but when I asked them a while back they said that for whatever reason the savage action would not work with their design. With so many other options out there, I don't see enough interest for KRG to try to redesign whatever portion of the stock that makes it unusable on a Savage action.

MDT just released the new XRS stock/chassis and will have a Savage inlet released soon. Honestly, at least for what has been released so far, the Bravo seems like a better product with many more accessories and options. You can pick up a Bravo and a couple of accessories for the same price that the XRS is supposed to sell for. I like MDT products, but at least right now don't see why someone would choose the XRS over the Bravo. Other than for the fact they don't make the Bravo for Savage.
    FTR in 223, BA LE Tactical in 308, 110 Flatback in CBI 6mmBR Norma, Others

Anyone wanting to go serious with their shooting and maintain the ability to utilize prefits should look at a Bighorn or ARC action anyway.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Anyone wanting to go serious with their shooting and maintain the ability to utilize prefits should look at a Bighorn or ARC action anyway.
    I agree, but if I'm paying $1k for a custom action plus the cost of a prefit barrel for it plus a top-tier trigger, I'm not putting it in a $350 semi-chassis.
    FTR in 223, BA LE Tactical in 308, 110 Flatback in CBI 6mmBR Norma, Others

Quote Originally Posted by 6mmBR_Shooter View Post
    I don't have the email anymore but when I asked them a while back they said that for whatever reason the savage action would not work with their design. With so many other options out there, I don't see enough interest for KRG to try to redesign whatever portion of the stock that makes it unusable on a Savage action.

I have a feeling that their unwillingness to offer the Bravo (or Whiskey-3) for a Savage is because of all the variations of Savage's. Even if they just did it for the newer Gen III (4.40") short actions, they still have to contend with top or bottom bolt release.

I really wanted a Bravo for my ARC Nucleus action, but they don't offer it in LH so I had to go with a Grayboe Renegade.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by 6mmBR_Shooter View Post
    I agree, but if I'm paying $1k for a custom action plus the cost of a prefit barrel for it plus a top-tier trigger, I'm not putting it in a $350 semi-chassis.
    Seekins and PVA did for their production series. Something to be said for it. On thing to remember is the early chassis would not fit the wider recoil lugs.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.