Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage 112 Series J

Quote Originally Posted by flutedchamber View Post
    Since I have offended you in public, I will apologize in public. Please accept my heartfelt apology for not recognizing a line of dots for you satisfying the forums requirement for a certain number of characters needed to qualify as a post. I take an afternoon nap, as I am up most of the night with my back. Enjoy your trim work.

No worries Sir and thank you.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orezona View Post
    No worries Sir and thank you.

How did your door and trim work turn out?

I absolutely hate carpentry work. Let me get in my shop and I'll be all day at the lathe or milling machine and it will seem like two minutes.

How did your door and trim work turn out?

I absolutely hate carpentry work. Let me get in my shop and I'll be all day at the lathe or milling machine and it will seem like two minutes.
    PM sent.

Thank you. The wait time is OK, I don't mind waiting for a quality product. I got a bad feeling about SSS when I had to email them my phone number and wait for them to call me back. I'll do a BBB search on SSS for giggles.

Thank you again.

PS I took a peek and their stocks are very nice. 99% inlet and in need of finishing is fine with me. They have a CNC program for my action.
    Some businesses are spot on. For example; I called Northland Shooters Supply one day out of the blue. It went to voicemail and I DIDN'T LEAVE A MESSAGE. The dude called me back in no time! I answered because I recognized the area code. He apologized for missing my call. That guy/business is getting my $cash.

Basic Member
    Have you looked at Boyd's gunstocks I think they inlet for your action I don't know if they offer one with no magazine cutout

Basic Member
    If I'm not mistaken Boyd's offers a first generation savage stocks with your action screw spacing, possibly you could fill the magazine well and be good to go

Basic Member
    I made a mistake when I stated that Sharp Shooter Supply was the business that told me that my rifle had to be either center or stagger feed. Below is a copy of the email that I sent to Lisa at SSS.

Lisa,

I am sorry for getting back to you after business hours. I read your email about an hour ago and had to research who told me that my rifle must be either stagger feed or center feed, even tho it is a single shot action.

It was not you or anyone at your company. It was a local gunsmith that I contacted just before I sent you an email with your inquiry. My sincere apologies for incorrectly stating this as being from you or the company that you work for. I will go on the forum and correct this immediately.

Your email informed me that my action could be fitted into any one of your gunstocks.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention

I made a mistake when I stated that Sharp Shooter Supply was the business that told me that my rifle had to be either center or stagger feed. Below is a copy of the email that I sent to Lisa at SSS.

Lisa,

I am sorry for getting back to you after business hours. I read your email about an hour ago and had to research who told me that my rifle must be either stagger feed or center feed, even tho it is a single shot action.

It was not you or anyone at your company. It was a local gunsmith that I contacted just before I sent you an email with your inquiry. My sincere apologies for incorrectly stating this as being from you or the company that you work for. I will go on the forum and correct this immediately.

Your email informed me that my action could be fitted into any one of your gunstocks.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention

Good post Sir.

Basic Member
    I was taught that when you make a mistake, you own up to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12