Thread: Savage 110 7 mag

Savage 110 7 mag

I have a older savage 110 7mm rem mag when I shoot it the shell casing gets jammed and has to be beat out I've cleaned it and have replaced the extractor and ejector when I get the casing out I can put a little oil and it will shoot maybe 3 times and it will jam again please any help would be great

Factory ammunition or hand loads?

Team Savage
    New or old ammo that came with the rifle? Ammo brand. Check headstamp to make sure 7mm RM. Sounds like loads are too hot! Don’t leave visible oil film in chamber. Don’t continue firing those loads.

Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
    New or old ammo that came with the rifle? Ammo brand. Check headstamp to make sure 7mm RM. Sounds like loads are too hot! Don’t leave visible oil film in chamber. Don’t continue firing those loads.
    What jpdown said!

Basic Member
    Handloads are often the culprit of sticking cases. If they are not handloads and the cleaned chamber (with no oil as others stated) does not remedy the problem, I would then check the primary extraction. Which is often the cause of stuck cases.

Do you know the complete history of the rifle? Are the problems recent? Has the bolt handle been changed? Is the BAS tight? (Little things like the bolt assembly screw being a little loose has caused this for me).

Do a search on here for PE. There are a couple of easy tests you can make and a few suggested cures.

Good luck,
    Randy