Thread: Axis triggers

Axis triggers

Been shooting model 12 F/V, 6.5 CM for about 2 years now. Love the trigger and shoot .5MOA at 600 yds.

Looking for another challenge on the 600 yd range.

I have a donor 308 win Axis and am thinking of re barring in 6mm Creedmoor and a heavy bull barrel.

The first thing I started on is the trigger. Trying to get it down to 2-3 lb mark.

Been playing with trigger springs for 3 hours now and can only get to 3.5 LB.

I have watched all the youtube videos and one that I'm thinking about is the Carbo trigger kit.

I also see Timney adjustable triggers that claim 1.5 - 5LB pull.

Anyone have any advise on what they have used to get to 1.5-2 LB on the axis trigger?

Anyone recommend a replacement trigger?

I have the Timney in mine and it is just a tou h under 2 pounds and passes all safety tests.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Jester

Look on eBay axis trigger spring like 8 bucks

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Axis triggers

Stock 2007 accu trigger

Notice
    Plastic shims on both sides.
    Ballpoint pen spring trimmed
    Different screw to hold spring in place. With Allen head, weight 20gn

It breaks clean at 2#

Basic Member
    I modified the factory trigger on mine, replacing the spring from a ball point pen. I think I got it down to 2 1/2 lbs.

Wanting more, I put in a Rifle Basix and have it at the advertised 14 oz. Unfortunately, it cost about 1/3 of what I paid for the rifle.

Nice as any 14 oz trigger can be though.

Basic Member
    I have the M*Carbo trigger kit on my Axis I and while it's made the trigger "light enough" it's still unrefined. But it is way better. Just not as good and crisp and light as the 12FV I played with at Cabelas yesterday and certainly not as light and crisp and smooth as the fancy pants trigger I got for my AR-15. But the M*Carbo kit does hold you over and resolves enough heaviness to make it a workable bench / field gun, IMO. With that said, you might benefit from smoothing out the current trigger. Once you take it apart, you'll see how the break works... and a little polishing sort of work could smooth it out enough that's still got a obvious break but takes less effort to cross that line. I didn't bother, personally.

I just pulled the trigger on a Timney trigger (No pun intended)

I figured for a $100 bucks I could screw around with springs, shims and still not get what I wanted.

I have the Accu trigger on my 12FV set at 1.25 LBs and I dont think I would be happy with anything stronger on this gun build.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timney-Trig...G/233290674840

Quote Originally Posted by Spudgun View Post
    I have the Accu trigger on my 12FV set at 1.25 LBs and I dont think I would be happy with anything stronger on this gun build.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timney-Trig...G/233290674840

My Timney wouldn't go that low without slam fires. Just an FYI. I had to increase the weight a bit until it stopped. It is just shy of 2 lbs but is crisp and breaks clean.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Jester

Thanks for the info. I could settle for 2 LB.

I think that is the advantage of a Accu trigger with the additional sear safety.

I did have that issue on my 12F/V if I went too low.

i will be aware of it now.

Basic Member
    It is really noticeable when I go from the varmint trigger (1.5lb) on my 12BVSS to the std accutrigger (2.5lb) on my Axis. I have to really concentrate on my form with the Axis.

But, then I drag out the M1 Garand and realize how good both of those triggers are :)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    But, then I drag out the M1 Garand and realize how good both of those triggers are :)
    Haha, yeah, a true combat trigger.

Basic Member
    I have two Axis that I have customized and worked both triggers, installed the spring kits. I measured my most current build at 2.21lbs but it still has a ever so slight gritty feel. I have polished both contact point of the trigger. There is a slightly visible groove on the trigger that I didn't quite get all of, so that might be what is causing it.

but my question; has any one tried to drill the trigger to install a allen head screw like the Timmey triggers have?

When I got the Timney trigger I looked at the rear adjustment for trigger pull.

There is not enough material to copy the Timney design.

I took a screw that would fit in the threads, filed down the threads so my new spring would fit over the filed off area.
    Now my thought was I can now screw the modified adjustment screw and loosen or tighten the spring tension.

After trying several springs, even a ball point one. The issue was when I go down on the trigger pull the tension of the spring would not allow the sear to reset.

Worked on it for about 2 days and then said heck with it.

Ordered the Timney trigger and down to 1.3 lb pull and passes drop test.