Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accutriger safety blade spring ?

Banned

I didn’t read into your post like that at all Phil...it read fine to me??

I appreciate everyone’s opinion on triggers, and I think it’s been quite an entertaining conversation. But it’s not MY thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    You and me both Fuj! I am very fond of 2-Stage triggers. I played with different springs until I found what felt perfect to my finger. My Accutrigger now feels good as ANY aftermarket trigger I have tried. And considering it cost me a couple bucks of springs and set screws, plus a little of my time preparing the surfaces, it has been BY FAR a better option.

I just think that there is a point of “diminishing returns” with triggers. People think “light pull” when it comes to triggers. And they like that little doohickey trigger-mabobber to tell them it’s good. I don’t even use one of those things. I let my finger be the judge. I’ve been doing triggers on rifles & pistols for over 20 years. I know what feels right to me. Pull weight alone does not a good trigger make. I’ve set up 1911s with around 4lb weight, smooth as silk with no noticeable creep or overtravel, next to one with 3lb creep, grit & overtravel all to hell! And the heavier one I set up FELT LIGHTER!

Style of trigger is a preference. Some like 2-stage, some like standard. And others still prefer set triggers(which I detest!). My point is trust what feels good to your index finger’s mind! Not what a trigger doohickey is TELLING you!
    Some truth here. If it doesn't influence my point of aim or impact, it is good.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12