Thread: New Axis

New Axis

I have an Axis in 30-06 that I've had for several years. It's an awesome gun with dead on accuracy. My son gave me a gift card for Christmas and there was about $20 left on it, so my wife and I went to WalMart to look at knives. I found one from Oregon Trail, looks like a good chopper. Then I looked up at the gun case and saw an Axis in 6.5 Creedmoor for $242. I have been checking out this caliber for some time with all of the great reviews. Never saw one for less than $350, including the Axis. The wife said you probably won't see that price again, so I did the deal. Now I'm in the process of getting it set up and getting components and dies to reload for it.

Congrats but why are you shopping in Walmart?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Jester

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rerun5 View Post
    I have an Axis in 30-06 that I've had for several years. It's an awesome gun with dead on accuracy. My son gave me a gift card for Christmas and there was about $20 left on it, so my wife and I went to WalMart to look at knives. I found one from Oregon Trail, looks like a good chopper. Then I looked up at the gun case and saw an Axis in 6.5 Creedmoor for $242. I have been checking out this caliber for some time with all of the great reviews. Never saw one for less than $350, including the Axis. The wife said you probably won't see that price again, so I did the deal. Now I'm in the process of getting it set up and getting components and dies to reload for it.
    Congrats. Decent enough caliber. My buddys wife shot a nice Coues buck a couple of years ago with a Ruger Precision in 6.5

Basic Member
    Early last year my cousin and I drove around mn and wi and bought 15 guns from various wallmarts that were all halve off or more
    Axis 2s for 125
    Weatherby vanguard's for 225
    Savage 220s and 212s for 200
    870s for 120
    And 3 Marlin lever 45-70s for 300 each
    Even a couple rem cdls for less than 275
    So his kids have all the guns they could ever want for Xmas gifts and he and I got a fee more we didn't need.
    I don't like some of there policies but with deals like that how can you turn it down.
    That 6.5 is a great caliber but no better than 7/08 or 308 but you will be happy with it. Mine shoots 129 ammeracan whitetail and dear session very ammo very well. So well I haven't bothered to reload for it yet.

Basic Member
    I still shop Walmart a lot and will continue doing so.

I got back into rifle shooting because of a deal on an Axis at a Walmart a few years ago. Best purchase I have made in a long time.

Their gun policy changed here in NM because of a stupid law passed in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester560 View Post
    Congrats but why are you shopping in Walmart?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    When asked why he climbed Mt. Everest, Edmund Hilary replied, "Because it's there". Thanks to all for great replies. Come to where I am and find a comparable price anywhere else.

Basic Member
    I have yet to be able to find someone to help me at a Walmart gun counter... haha.

I have at the walmart here and she is a 9.0...assuming only Eve was a 10 of course.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgoal View Post
    I have yet to be able to find someone to help me at a Walmart gun counter... haha.
    Too true!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67