Thread: Article: JARD Savage Centerfire Trigger System

Article: JARD Savage Centerfire Trigger System

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Thanks for a great review Jim. Looking forward to Your evaluation when You shoot it. I’m dry firing mine a good bit, trying to get used to it. It has over travel, and the safety bar has up and down movement. With the stock trigger, this movement is removed by adjusting the installed screw. The safety bar provided by Jard has no such screw. I may look into drilling, tapping, and installing one. I’m shooting in a match next week, and right now I don’t know if I’ll use the Jard. I think at this point I’m more comfortable with My SSS trigger. It has zero over travel. I agree with everything You said in the review, and am looking forward to hear from others.

Thanks, GrenGuy

I've been shooting it quite a bit over the last two months and have no complaints. I have a modified AccuTrigger in my Axis with a pull weight of just under 1-lb, two of the old SSS Competition triggers in other Savage rifles adjusted to around 12-13oz., and a Trigger Tech Special set to 1-lb on my ARC Nucleus based rifle so I'm accustomed to a fairly light trigger. I may actually adjust the Jard up to 12oz. just so it's the same as my other triggers for continuity from gun to gun.

Basic Member
    I really like mine. My rifle is at SSS right now, so this is from memory. Jard triggers in general (my 2) have a certain slick break. This is fine, but will take me more time to fine tune the feel I want. I had none of the safety issue. The safety is something I really like. With my stock Savage safety, I can dial in complete lock.

As a side note, how are folks testing if it is safe from jarring off?

Basic Member
    I check it by closing the bolt forcefully and bouncing the butt on the floor. I’ve had no problems with bump firing.

If You don’t mind my asking, what do You mean by “a certain slick break”?

Thanks GG

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenGuy View Post

If You don’t mind my asking, what do You mean by “a certain slick break”?

Thanks GG
    When I get it set perfect for me, it is not super crisp like breaking an icicle. It has a bit of creep. I cannot seem to get that all out.

Basic Member
    Got # 1,Bottom Bolt Release Trigger in july of 2019, the Jard has no creep, no slack, a Better Trigger than the Sharp Shooter Supply, Trigger or the Rifle Basic II Trigger, a Must for Savage shooters that want a Great Trigger for their Top, or Bottom Bolt Release Rifle

Basic Member
    After careful consideration I ordered the 18 oz version. It was not in stock at this time due to parts being in heat treat. If I had not wreaked the old trigger I could still be shooting, but alas, I must wait for who knows how long.
    The ground hog population of Oregon just got a little safer. No one to blame but myself. Bummer.
    Great review.