Thread: B-Mag Random Misfires

B-Mag Random Misfires

I have a little more than 1 1/2 boxes of ammo through my B-Mag and it is failing to fire in two different ways. Sometimes the trigger pull results in a click but no fire and sometimes it doesn't even click. With the no clicks, the trigger comes back all the way. I've tried pushing forward hard as I close the bolt and soft as I close the bolt and I still get both kinds of failures. Sometimes it fires normally. It seems completely random and only about 20% reliable.

I don't have a B mag rifle but on two recent savge rifles one rimfire and one centerfire, I have experienced something similar with the trigger. It all came down to a slight adjustment in the trigger spring, tightening on both rifles fixed the issue. On new production Savage rifles if you try to lighten the trigger too much it results in a non functioning correctly trigger. I would start there and see if it helps any, it's worth a try. Also when closing the bolt, close it with authority, don't baby it. Also the inside of your bolt might be clogged with some residue from production and might need to be disassembled and cleaned. Just my 2 cents, and just trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    I don't have a B mag rifle but on two recent savge rifles one rimfire and one centerfire, I have experienced something similar with the trigger. It all came down to a slight adjustment in the trigger spring, tightening on both rifles fixed the issue. On new production Savage rifles if you try to lighten the trigger too much it results in a non functioning correctly trigger. I would start there and see if it helps any, it's worth a try. Also when closing the bolt, close it with authority, don't baby it. Also the inside of your bolt might be clogged with some residue from production and might need to be disassembled and cleaned. Just my 2 cents, and just trying to help.
    Thanks for your 2 cents. I really appreciate it.