Thread: Bolt not picking up rounds up from magazine

Bolt not picking up rounds up from magazine

Hello all. I purchased a brand new 110 Desert Tactical Accustock / Accufit in 6.5 Creedmoor. The rifle has the 10 round ACIS style mag format. I can not get the rifle's bolt to strip off rounds from the magazine reliably. What happens is the round comes up from the mag, the bolts pushes forward contacts the round, and pushes it toward the chamber. The round rides "high" in the rear and won't chamber until I pull the bolt back a 1/4" then the round "falls" back down in the magazine until it lines back up with the chamber and then I can push it home in the chamber. I contacted MagPul (after contacting Savage who stated it was a mag issue). Magpul sent me a different 10 round mag. No luck same issue. I ordered $200.00 worth of bottom metal and mag with Accurate Arms. Still no dice. I called Savage they say mail it back to them (my cost of course) and they will take a look at it. If they determine it's not a warranty issue. I pay to have it sent back. This gun is brand new and never fired. I love the accustock and accufit, trigger etc... I see quite a few videos on the net and spoke to a few guys who have the same system. They say, "it's the way they are" just have to baby it or slam it really hard when it lines up". What? That's crazy. My $229.00 Remington Adl has not bolt issues. The videos I see all seem to have the issue with the "newer" system (ACIS). So I'm thinking this is the norm? If so I guess I'll have to sell it. But it has all the features I want. Is there something I can do to "fix" my brand new rifle. Friends have the old style blind magazine, no issues. I have an Axis, no issue. Do they make a 110 Tactical with Accustock without ACIS mag style? Sorry for long post, Just frustrated. Thanks everyone

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. One of the reasons Savage is not as helpful as they used to be is that everybody was advised to send there gun back for some stupid stuff.

Try to adjust the mag feed lips up a small amount. It is probably spring steel so it will be hard to get to move but be patient.

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa...justment-tool/

The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Thanks. I wish I could tweak the mag lips. But alas, they are plastic. As far as the Accurate Mag, it was waetal, but unfortunately you can “modify” anything or they won’t accept the return. Man I really wanted this rifle to work out. I wonder if anybody will chime in and comment on the other 110 Tactical that has the proprietary Savage mag (like they sell in BP and Cabelas. No Accustock but at least it may cycle properly. Thanks

You might want to go a different platform. If your looking for something you don't need to tweek to get to work look at the Ruger American. Cheep and shoot great.

Welcome to the savage family.
    Ackley was right all along

This may be your issue

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwooker123 View Post
    Hello all. I purchased a brand new 110 Desert Tactical Accustock / Accufit in 6.5 Creedmoor. The rifle has the 10 round ACIS style mag format. I can not get the rifle's bolt to strip off rounds from the magazine reliably. What happens is the round comes up from the mag, the bolts pushes forward contacts the round, and pushes it toward the chamber. The round rides "high" in the rear and won't chamber until I pull the bolt back a 1/4" then the round "falls" back down in the magazine until it lines back up with the chamber and then I can push it home in the chamber. I contacted MagPul (after contacting Savage who stated it was a mag issue). Magpul sent me a different 10 round mag. No luck same issue. I ordered $200.00 worth of bottom metal and mag with Accurate Arms. Still no dice. I called Savage they say mail it back to them (my cost of course) and they will take a look at it. If they determine it's not a warranty issue. I pay to have it sent back. This gun is brand new and never fired. I love the accustock and accufit, trigger etc... I see quite a few videos on the net and spoke to a few guys who have the same system. They say, "it's the way they are" just have to baby it or slam it really hard when it lines up". What? That's crazy. My $229.00 Remington Adl has not bolt issues. The videos I see all seem to have the issue with the "newer" system (ACIS). So I'm thinking this is the norm? If so I guess I'll have to sell it. But it has all the features I want. Is there something I can do to "fix" my brand new rifle. Friends have the old style blind magazine, no issues. I have an Axis, no issue. Do they make a 110 Tactical with Accustock without ACIS mag style? Sorry for long post, Just frustrated. Thanks everyone

Please take a look at this article I wrote, based on my experience with Axis. It might be your issue as well (I've been working as a mechanical engineer for 4 decades).:
    http://www.berettaconsulting.com/bar...5-Nov-2020.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by JBlilie View Post
    Please take a look at this article I wrote, based on my experience with Axis. It might be your issue as well (I've been working as a mechanical engineer for 4 decades).:
    http://www.berettaconsulting.com/bar...5-Nov-2020.pdf

Nice work JBlile!

Team Savage
    welcome