Thread: Thumbs Up for Savage!!!

Basic Member

Thumbs Up for Savage!!!

Today,A friend and I went to the range.When we got there I noticed a few tables set up outside in the parking lot next to the 100 yard range.
    Savage and Nikon had sent out some Reps,they were showing off their new products and giving away hats and stuff.Savage also had several of their rifles there that they were letting anyone that wanted to shoot them.
    They had 2 of the Model 12 F/TR's-223 and 308, 2 Model 110 BA's-300WM and 338 Lapua,a Model 11 Long Range Hunter-308,and a Model 93-17HMR.

After we got through shooting all of our guns,we went over and talked to the reps,and they gave us hats,and asked if we wanted to shoot their guns.We both wanted to shoot the 110 BA's,so they said have at it.
    Talk about a sweet setup,that 338 Lapua was a blast too shoot.We were shooting Hornady factory ammo,I didn't even look at the gr weight,but this gun has very little recoil with the muzzle brake.Too bad we only had 100 yards to shoot them.I also shot it's 300WM twin,both of these guns were great shooters.

It's nice to see companies still care enough about their products to hit the road and let the average guy try them out at a local gun range.

Way To Go,Savage.

Re: Thumbs Up for Savage!!!

Unlike Remington, Savage hasn't gotten too big for their britches. Let's hope they never do.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member

Re: Thumbs Up for Savage!!!

Well Geeeez, how about savage coming out this way? I know some of the team is from oregon and i sure do need a hat, not to mention shooting the calibers i don't have at the moment. blue