Thread: FVCSR Help

FVCSR Help

Can anyone please explain what exactly this is, I've never heard of it before and I believe the specification listed by savage are wrong. FVCSR listed as a 21" barrel, They make it ever more confusing with their letter designations. How does it differ from a standard B-22 FVSR? I know it's a 22 magnum, but the rest has me confused. I would like to buy a B-22 FVSR 22 mag rifle with a 16" barrel.

Your guess is as good as mine. At first I thought maybe the "C" was to denote a compact stock with shorter LOP, but looking over Savage's website it just looks like they might have renamed the FVSR to the FVCSR as I see no change that would differentiate the two models.

I've long since given up trying to figure out or understand Savage's naming conventions when it comes to models. Everything I need to know I can identify visually (stock, barrel profile, caliber/chamber, etc) so the model name is pretty much irrelevant.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

J.Baker I agree, Savage makes it difficult at best to understand it's model codes. I did a bunch of searching around and this model is listed wrong on their website. All the venders who carry this list it as a 16" barrel, Savage says it has a 21" barrel. And I believe the "C" denotes a "removable clip magazine" according to Savages codes? So anyway I went out on a limb and ordered the rifle online and having it shipped to my FFL of choice, we'll see in a few days when it arrives what the box says and what it actually is. I'm a 22mag junkie and love the round and the rifles that shoot them, so what's one more to the collection....

Well the rifle came in today, box says fv sr so it's a typo on the savage website. It also has a 16" barrel and not 21" another typo. Rifle looks very nice with the medium threaded barrel and scope rail. B22 FV SR 22mag, now all I need is a scope.

I took the B22 FV SR 22mag to the range today with a Vortex 4-12x40 scope, after about 10-12 rounds I had it sighted in. Very impressive is the accuracy of this rifle and at 160 yards I got a solid 2" group, I did this with Armscor 40gr ammo. The rifle functions beautifully and looks good doing it, my only complaint and not much of one is the mag is slightly hard to load. But once you look and load the mag a few times, you get the hang of it quickly. This new B series rifle is a big improvement over the 93/mark II series in form and function.