Hello,

I recently purchased a NIB 116 FCSS weather warrior in 30/06. It has the accustock and there is a 1/8" gap between the stock and the end of the tang. Is this normal? I did some research and found that the tang on this action is commonly floated as it comes out of the factory, but I don't think it is normally as bad as my particular rifle. Bought it online so I did not have a chance to fondle it and to catch that. During hunts its not uncommon for me to bust through some thick vegetation. In such cases normally take the rifle off my shoulder and carry it with the muzzle pointing downwards as not to get spruce needles and such into the bore. But now that gap in the tang is liable to allow stuff into the trigger group. I contacted Savage and got a reply about possibly sending it back, but that's $50-$100 to ship it to them and I'm not sure what they could do about it. Overall, the action seems to be sitting slightly high in the stock so shaving down the top of the aluminum bedding block might make it sit lower. I would like to know what folks that own this particular model think. I have a couple of pictures, but was not able to attach them.

Cold