Thread: Help with determining age of 110L. 5 digit serial number

Help with determining age of 110L. 5 digit serial number

Hello all,

I recently purchased a savage 110L chambered in .338 win mag from gunbroker. I bought this gun with the intent on using this magnum action and putting a x-caliper barrel chambered for .300 RUM.

The serial number is 411xx with no letter code, from what I have been able to find on here there this gun is probably pre 1966? What I am looking for in particular is a new trigger for it, I have my new barrel and a boyds stock but an finding the trigger assembly not fitting because of the trigger and sear configuration.

Can someone verify my guess on age? and any suggestions on trigger options? I have looked at Midway, Brownells, and Numrich without much luck.

Thanks in advance for any input.
    Jim

If you could post some pictures, it would help in identifying what you have.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Team Savage

Does the barrel have a band for the read sight? What is the letter in the barrel stamp (oval with 2 digits and a letter)? If you have a barrel band, you've got more to think about than just triggers as the pre-66 110s used a unique bolt that will not work with post-66 barrels.

Here are some pictures of the trigger ass’y, barrel.

The barrel isn’t a factory barrel which I didn’t know about when I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    That is pre-1966, but the bolt has been upgraded to the current production type. Not much you're do about a trigger unless you can find the the rest of the parts to utilize a pre-accutrigger set up.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
    That is pre-1966, but the bolt has been upgraded to the current production type. Not much you're do about a trigger unless you can find the the rest of the parts to utilize a pre-accutrigger set up.
    Thanks Sharpshooter, I am now thinking about putting it back together as it was and just putting it into the safe.

This probably isn’t the best action to start with if I am going to work up a new caliper....if parts aren’t readily available? perhaps its back to looking for a newer action??

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman1977 View Post
    Thanks Sharpshooter, I am now thinking about putting it back together as it was and just putting it into the safe.

This probably isn’t the best action to start with if I am going to work up a new caliper....if parts aren’t readily available? perhaps its back to looking for a newer action??

Thanks everyone!

I have the same trigger and almost the same action. I couldnt figure out what year or what trigger upgrade to get. Thanks for the info!