Gentlemen, the Axis 7mm-08 is at a turning point, having shot a couple hundred rounds now the average group at 100 yards is right around 1.10", group after group. The only modification has been a lighter trigger spring. Actually pretty good for a cheap hunting rifle but would like to do better. I have no problem with the plastic stock, but from what I understand the next step to improved accuracy is in the stock bedding. But... having my doubts about investing time messing around with the plastic stock.

I think the Prairie Hunter is a great looking stock and from what I have read with some modifications could improve accuracy to around 1" at 100 yards.

Now the question is do I take the plunge and put more money into this rifle, or trade it off an upgrade to a Weather Warrior? Like, you know what happens when you buy a cheap Harbor Freight tool... then down the road upgrade to a Powermatic or Milwaukee or Snap-On? Turns out the best choice would have been just invest in the quality right off the bat. Any thoughts?