Thread: 110 stock question.

Basic Member

110 stock question.

I bought a used 110 in 7mmRem Mag a few months ago,and it seems to be a very good shooting gun,so I figure it is a keeper,and I would like to spruce it up some.I would like to go with a wood stock,and notice Numrich has what seems to be good deals,but they do state that the stocks may have flaws from long time storage.Have any of you ever bought one of these stocks? Are they new ,take offs,or used? I really like the stock that is on the gun now,but I think I would like wood better if it was in good shape.I have owned several 110 type Savages in my day,both wood,and synthetic, but never saw this particular stock,and wonder if it is aftermarket. It has no checkering,but the whole stock is textured execpt for the cheek pad,and it has no seam on the bottom,and is flat in the area were a removable mag would be,but this one is a blind box.It also has no Indian on the grip cap,and the rubber pad does not screw on but instead I think it just fits the stock like a rubber plug.I love the feel of the stock,but have so many black stocked rifles now that I would like something different..Thanks

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    I bought a used 110 in 7mmRem Mag a few months ago,and it seems to be a very good shooting gun,so I figure it is a keeper,and I would like to spruce it up some.I would like to go with a wood stock,and notice Numrich has what seems to be good deals,but they do state that the stocks may have flaws from long time storage.Have any of you ever bought one of these stocks? Are they new ,take offs,or used? I really like the stock that is on the gun now,but I think I would like wood better if it was in good shape.I have owned several 110 type Savages in my day,both wood,and synthetic, but never saw this particular stock,and wonder if it is aftermarket. It has no checkering,but the whole stock is textured execpt for the cheek pad,and it has no seam on the bottom,and is flat in the area were a removable mag would be,but this one is a blind box.It also has no Indian on the grip cap,and the rubber pad does not screw on but instead I think it just fits the stock like a rubber plug.I love the feel of the stock,but have so many black stocked rifles now that I would like something different..Thanks
    I may misunderstand your concern so correct me if I do.. I've seen many .0X MOA rifles where the action and barrel are slightly off perfect center in the stock.. as long as the barrel, reciever, bolt are in coaxial alignment and the scope mounts are in line relative to the bore, chamber etc, the action and barrel not being perfectly centered in the stock won't have any (or shouldnt unless there is a grose alignment issue that is allowing shifting to occur) bearing on rifles accuracy.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk