Thread: Choate stock

Basic Member

Choate stock

Just picked up a used one to replace my stock on the 12 fv.....how is everyone keeping the blind mag in place......thanks a and happy new year

Basic Member
    I'm assuming you're using a centerfeed rifle. What I did was make shims on a build. I used a coke can, cut out pieces and used shims to hold the magazine in place.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    Center feed 4.4 top release ....savage 12 fv. 223........I was thinking of using epoxy but I may use the stock to switch from 223 to 6 x47 lapua I sent an email to choate but I'm not holding my breath for an answer.......I may try some JB compound

That's odd,I dont have the choate but my brother bought one he actually had to do a little dremel work to get his in. it fits now just as snug as the plastic one did might be his was undersize a little dont know..I used the b&c medalist and it virtually just snapped in it..I have heard of people useing cardboard on the sides to shim it up there and help hold it.

Basic Member
    I bought this used the mag well area is huge and it does not look modified........the action fit perfectly it shot fantastic but bolt hangs up on the mag......weight of stock holds it in place but it wants to ride up......

Quote Originally Posted by david12601 View Post
    I bought this used the mag well area is huge and it does not look modified........the action fit perfectly it shot fantastic but bolt hangs up on the mag......weight of stock holds it in place but it wants to ride up......
    You can try and make u a couple shims and shim up the sides to help hold it down.i had a after market stock once and that's what I did to it something like credit card thickness just make sure and try to keep it streight.

Basic Member
    I pinned it front to back then squeezed silicone on the sides seems to be good will try it out this week