Thread: Still no love for Savages from Magpul?

Basic Member

Still no love for Savages from Magpul?

Been gone a while, job change, running a large indoor range here on the east coast. Been out of it for a while. I see B&C is making an M40 for the LA now....something I posted about a few years back...Yyyyyyyyesssss... but I sure would like to see a Magpul Hunter for Savage SA/LA.

Basic Member
    I think Magpul is seeing a lot more competition than they expected and are probably more worried about getting stocks to Remington for the Factory R700 that now comes in the magpul stock.

I asked a Magpul Tech this exact question (Hunter stock for Savage) at the 2017 NRA Annual Convention.
    He said there are "No plans right now" to bring out any new stocks for Savage centerfires, because of the varieties of action lengths, screw locations, and magazines.
    IF they did ever do something, it might involve some sort of interchangeable insert, but that was a big "if".

Basic Member
    ^^^^ This is very true! Savage continues to shoot themselves in the foot with big changes to the platform as far as after market support goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnshooter View Post
    I asked a Magpul Tech this exact question (Hunter stock for Savage) at the 2017 NRA Annual Convention.
    He said there are "No plans right now" to bring out any new stocks for Savage centerfires, because of the varieties of action lengths, screw locations, and magazines.
    IF they did ever do something, it might involve some sort of interchangeable insert, but that was a big "if".
    That's a B.S. excuse in my opinion.

Any company run by people with half a brain wouldn't come out with a NEW accessory product line to service an OLD discontinued product - not if they want to sell a lot of them. Why? Because the market is already capped - they're not making the base product anymore. They should be creating exclusively for the current production models as that's what's selling and is going to sell for them now and going forward.

The Savage centerfeed's have been out for 12+ years now. It's established and there are more than enough of them out there already (and they make more every day) that could benefit from a stock upgrade.

No, that's not what those of you who have the older Gen I and II short actions want to hear, but that's life. The market is just to small and limited to make offering those worth their while. Fortunately for the L/A folks the old staggered feed L/A's will drop right into a centerfeed stock with very minor (if any) modification being needed.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member

Who is excited?

Not that it makes a lot of difference but I'm getting used to a DBM on the 110 T.I'm planing a build using a L A, and just my luck, Magpul offers a LH stock BUT none for L A's. Better wait and see what their $$$ is.