Thread: Factory rifle with Proof Research barrel for 2020

Factory rifle with Proof Research barrel for 2020

https://www.theshootingwarehouse.com...lter_id_1=true

https://www.battlehawkarmory.com/pro...356575784-3367

It looks like Savage will be offering a new rifle for 2020 called the Ultralite. They have also added the 28 Nosler chambering. The price looks good. I can’t think of another rifle in that price range that offers a proof research barrel, or any carbon fiber barrel fo4 that matter. I’m definitely interested.

Basic Member
    Got my doubts on those links.
    The model number 57578 (in the first link, Sports South) is the old Ultralight Hunter series- carbon STEEL, not carbon fiber....
    https://www.centerfireguns.com/savag...oor-57578.html
    Methinks you're looking at bad info.

Savage now shows the "Lightweight Hunter" series on their website.
    Proof has been making prefits for Savage (and others) for several years now.
    With a street price for the barrel alone of over $800- which ain't bad; but you're never gonna see a Model 10/110 with a Proof CF barrel for $1,200. No way, Jose...

If you take a look at the second link, it specifically says proof research carbon fiber wrap. It also mentions the accufit stock, so it’s not just the barrel being sold. Also, the price you see on sports south is dealer pricing, as they are a distributor. I would imagine the street price will be a bit higher. Run the UPC number, not the item number. Im pretty sure this is a new rifle, as they are offering it in 28 nosler. The 28 nosler wasn’t around the last time savage offered an ultralight. Sports south has it listed under new items. Sports south has a history of listing things on their website early. As a matter of fact, there are several rifles listed on that page that are not on the savage website yet. I’m willing to bet that most of what you are seeing in that first link, will be savages shot show introductions next month. I’ve stumbled across many new guns on there sometimes two months before they are officially announced.