Thread: New 110 Scout in the house

New 110 Scout in the house

Just picked up the new Scout in .308. I checked the trigger pull with my Lyman digital gauge. Factory setting was about 4# 11oz. I managed with my first adjustment to get to 3#11 oz or so.

Not bad. I might like closer to 3# but I will see how this works at the range first.

Planning to mount a Weaver 4x scout scope. I would also like to try something like a Burris Fastfire or other light dot sight but I do have an astigmatism that is a problem for me.

I will start with checking the iron sights. I would like to have them set up for 100 yards. The scope I would set up for 200 yard zero.

I torqued the action screws to 40 inch pounds. The manual has no torque specs. I find that odd.

More to follow.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by army_eod View Post
    Just picked up the new Scout in .308. I checked the trigger pull with my Lyman digital gauge. Factory setting was about 4# 11oz. I managed with my first adjustment to get to 3#11 oz or so.

Not bad. I might like closer to 3# but I will see how this works at the range first.

Planning to mount a Weaver 4x scout scope. I would also like to try something like a Burris Fastfire or other light dot sight but I do have an astigmatism that is a problem for me.

I will start with checking the iron sights. I would like to have them set up for 100 yards. The scope I would set up for 200 yard zero.

I torqued the action screws to 40 inch pounds. The manual has no torque specs. I find that odd.

More to follow.
    Hope you like her, I've loved all my savage rifles and even finally built a custom with a savage tried target action

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
    Hope you like her, I've loved all my savage rifles and even finally built a custom with a savage tried target action

Trued not tried^^^

Taking to the range today to zero the irons. Will see how that goes. Waiting for the 4x Scout scope to arrive. Still thinking about a red dot...

Hope the scout works out for you.

Trued not tried.
    But "tried and true" now right? Sorry Ted could not resist.

Worst case, which isn't, is I remove the scout rail and rear sight and install a standard scope setup with EGW rail and my spare Weaver 2-10 Grand Slam.

Seems I am having the same issue as another shooter did with the iron sights. Even with the rear set to the max, the rifle still shoots much too high.
    That means that the front sight blade is just too short. Not sure what to do about it. I will contact Savage.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
    Trued not tried^^^

Lol thank you hehehehe, damn auto correct changes that word every time

Well I just fixed the problem. I ordered a short action EGW scope base. I took off the useless rear sights and scout rail. I will be mounting the Weaver Grand Slam scope the conventional way. Not a problem. I like the short .308 with muzzle brake. Anybody want to buy my rear sight and scout rail.
    By the way, this carbine recoils about like a 5.56. That is a fact. I could shoot it all day long. They managed to do a good job with the muzzle brake.
    As for the engineering screw up. I will tell Savage about it.